OCC/Indian re-chop. drum roll please!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my occ that i picked up from craigslist for 15 BUX!! the front end was jacked up so i stripped that down and ordered new chopper forks. took the rear fender to work and filled the reflector holes and painted it to match a vintage indian minibike tank that i've had for years. removed all the lame flame decals, planning on painting the rims satin black, getting a new stem, and some apes(my knees were hitting the drag bars). gotta do some painting and tweaking before its time to cruise. heres a couple of pics.
recovered the seat in faux suede
008.jpg

tank and fender
006.jpg

004.jpg

semi mock-up
009.jpg

questions, comments, concerns? ps, i'm stoked i found this site! :mrgreen:

Re: OCC/Indian re-chop

Indian Larry would be proud of you!

I like what you're doing . . . the tank looks cool! 8)
Double-check your headset size before you order your forks. I was thinking that you might have 1 1/8" threadless. There were at least two different style triple-trees (both the cheap-looking stamped-steel) used on the OCC bikes during the few years that they were produced. It would just be a hassle to get the wrong size. And you're correct about the bars . . . changing them to ape hangers is a good way to get some leg room on OCC bikes.
Keep us posted on the progress please.

will do man! i just picked up an 80s huffy open road today for my wife. that build will soon follow. keep on truckin dudes!

atomicclutch said:
009.jpg

questions, comments, concerns? ps, i'm stoked i found this site! :mrgreen:

This is sweet! I just picked up an OCC as well, I'll definitely be checking this out for um... "inspiration!" 8)

That tank is perfect, I'm glad it's being put to good use. Love the grabber orange, too!

thanks man, much appreciated! i love this thing so far. more updates as money and time permit. im also in the middle of re-siding my house so i'm fitting in what parts i can when i can. its heck gettin' old!

VERY COOL!......I would've never considered buying one, but I like this one so much, who knows.

thanks for all the positive feedback guys! the seat was rather easy, i just went right over the existinig fake leather and rivets. spray adhesive the top, stretch and staple the bottom. my forks should be here this week hopefully and i got my front wheel painted monday night(pics to follow). so i still gotta get bars, a stem, etc. i got old schwinn stingray grips also in bright orange! also my chain guard is kinda messed-up but i havent decided if im gonna nix that or not. anyone got a decent one? rust doesnt really matter. i also have the old forks that are kinda bent a little bit, but probably still usable if anyone has a decent set of apes that they would wanna trade for?! keep on choppin'!

got the tire cleaned up, shined up and mounted. next is the same for the back wheel. hopefully my new forks come tomorrow!
001-1.jpg

When ya get the new forks......Take a day off from work. We want to see it together! :lol:

Latest posts

Back