Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea what you guys are talking about. :crazy:

I was going through my scrap pile and found a whole frame I had forgotten about! With some other parts looks like I'll get by without buying much. Plenty of springs so I think It'll have a rear suspension.
View attachment 244704

View attachment 244705
Stop giving me ideas! My wife will hate you for that! :crazy: :rofl:

Stop giving me ideas! My wife will hate you for that! :crazy: :rofl:
At least you can put the blame on someone who won't have to answer for it! :agree:

My wife likes this hobby, it frees up a lot of dough for her "endeavors". This hobby doesn't cost much, you just need a big space to store junk. My shop looks neat and squared away, but there's a ton of junk hidden everywhere. They have parties in the shop when it's converted to a karaoke room. They throw tablecloths over the work benches and serve up a feast while singing! One kid snuck behind the bench and was tangled up in handlebars and scrap metal. He made a heck of a racket trying to get free. Luckily we extracted him safely.

So next is MBBO (class 1/class 2) September through November 💪

After that will be the January through March build off that we know is going to be ORBO, but the question is what goes well with that? Like getting two entrees, pairing your wine with the meal, ………..🤣

Skinny was popular last time and I already hear some chatter along those same lines

Skinny OR sub category...gravel bikes, cyclocross bikes...

Old Schwinn Varsity style bikes that came with 27 x 1 1/4 wheel / tire combos and old Trek Multi-track 700, 800, 900 models from the '90s both make great conversion options using more modern 700c hoops and current knobby 700 x 32, 35, 38, 40c tires make awesome all-terrain skinny bikes!

Here's my 1994 Trek 730 Multi-track conversion I did about 3 years ago in Arizona. Picked up a really cheap Nishiki road bike from that same era, and robbed the Shimano 105 8 speed drivetrain and braking / shifting components and mixed it with the Trek. My go to ride in AZ!

FB_IMG_1691073836462.jpg

FB_IMG_1691073826756.jpg

So next is MBBO (class 1/class 2) September through November 💪

After that will be the January through March build off that we know is going to be ORBO, but the question is what goes well with that? Like getting two entrees, pairing your wine with the meal, ………..🤣

Skinny was popular last time and I already hear some chatter along those same lines
When I started here on RRB, I was all about the muscle bikes. In the intervening years, though, my focus has shifted to cruisers and middleweights. I may build up the enthusiasm to get this whacked together for the MBBO; it's been a collection of parts in the dungeon for a couple years now.
20200104_125612.jpg
20201117_204641.jpg

I also have this sad little Ross frame/fork that has been stripped of parts and needs to be made into something. That top tube is a converter bar off a little AMF Roadmaster sidewalk bike with solid tires.
PICT0055.JPG

For the ORBO, I think this will do nicely. I've had some BMX cruiser thoughts for it. The old Schwinn wheels with Bendix kickback have been appropriated for other rides.
20190130_075042.jpg
20190110_175230.jpg

Old Schwinn Varsity style bikes that came with 27 x 1 1/4 wheel / tire combos and old Trek Multi-track 700, 800, 900 models from the '90s both make great conversion options using more modern 700c hoops and current knobby 700 x 32, 35, 38, 40c tires make awesome all-terrain skinny bikes!

Here's my 1994 Trek 730 Multi-track conversion I did about 3 years ago in Arizona. Picked up a really cheap Nishiki road bike from that same era, and robbed the Shimano 105 8 speed drivetrain and braking / shifting components and mixed it with the Trek. My go to ride in AZ!

View attachment 244771

View attachment 244772
I have the perfect bike just bought it Schwinn deluxe

View attachment 244771

View attachment 244772

When I started here on RRB, I was all about the muscle bikes. In the intervening years, though, my focus has shifted to cruisers and middleweights. I may build up the enthusiasm to get this whacked together for the MBBO; it's been a collection of parts in the dungeon for a couple years now.
View attachment 244773View attachment 244774

I also have this sad little Ross frame/fork that has been stripped of parts and needs to be made into something. That top tube is a converter bar off a little AMF Roadmaster sidewalk bike with solid tires.
View attachment 244775

For the ORBO, I think this will do nicely. I've had some BMX cruiser thoughts for it. The old Schwinn wheels with Bendix kickback have been appropriated for other rides.
View attachment 244776View attachment 244777

I have the perfect bike just bought it Schwinn deluxe
I like it

Keep ‘em coming

Latest posts

Back