Next build off………

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14070785817_52567c7e35_c.jpg

Boy you guys are really making me wonder if the triple threat we did was the way to go

ORBO - “chunky boys” for the 1.75 + knobby crowd

ORBO - “grinder” class for skinny off road wheels (conversions, gravel, bike packing, and resto mod type stuff)

Skinny D-Luxe - for all them sub 40 skinny street weapons

Or something……

…..just spitballing

Boy you guys are really making me wonder if the triple threat we did was the way to go

ORBO - “chunky boys” for the 1.75 + knobby crowd

ORBO - “grinder” class for skinny off road wheels (conversions, gravel, bike packing, and resto mod type stuff)

Skinny D-Luxe - for all them sub 40 skinny street weapons

Or something……

…..just spitballing
That could work

Captain, please confirm what the next BO will be. Is it muscle bikes?

Going back to the old class 1/class 2 format

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike:

1. Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both)
2: Banana /Polo seat
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars
(Apehangers, Butterfly, Rams Horns, steering wheels, or any other weird variants, etc)

You CAN have all 3!!

• Start a new thread in the forum’s Build Off section and use the bike name as the post “Subject/Title.” Keep a running journal in your thread about your build.
  • Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
  • Progress documentation is mandatory! Sprinkling in a couple of photos will not suffice. Some form of documentation as things progress are expected to be produced. Lack of this key feature may find your build disqualified from voting. More is better
  • This is a build off NOT a bike show. Previously completed or mostly completed bikes are not eligible
  • Bike must be ride-able and pedal powered
  • The 2023 MBBO will begin at 12 am North American Central Time on September 1st 2023 and Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” threads by 12 NOON North American Central Time November 30th 2023
  • Any questions about the build off must be submitted in the discussion section.
  • Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This whole competition is all in good fun. The whole point is to be creative, build something cool and have fun!

Class 1: Super Stock/Mild Custom: Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes, originals, or reproductions that represent “genre-correct” muscle bike traits and pay homage to their roots. Only minor frame changes are allowed (cutting off tabs, structural repairs, etc) Extensive frame mods including added tubes, or anything deemed to be above hobbyist level fabrication should go in class 2

Anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Class 2: Super Modified, no holds barred, stretch, slam, built from scratch, do what you want as long as it is ridable and meets the 2 out of 3 criteria

Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately

Step through they were originally called priest bikes so really there men's bikes. Yes I'm that nerdy.
You Little ripper! Im now in my 50's and ive just learnt that they are called a "Step through frame" and now an even earlier term was "preist bikes" I always thought they were called womens bikes ha ha ha LOL, ya learn something everyday LOL

Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike:

1. Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both)
2: Banana/Polo seat
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars
(Apes, mini apes, Butterfly, Rams Horns, steering wheels, or any other weird variants, etc)

You CAN have all 3!!

• Start a new thread in the forum’s Build Off section and use the bike name as the post “Subject/Title.” Keep a running journal in your thread about your build. This is a build off, not a bike show. Any bikes built prior to or not documented are not eligible
  • Must include before, progress, and finished photos (all in one thread please)
  • Bikes must be ride-able and pedal powered.
  • The Build Off will begin at 12 am North American Central Time on 9/1/23 and Final finished bike photos must be posted in the “Finished Bikes” thread by 12 noon North American Central Time 11/30/23
  • Any questions about the build off must be submitted in the discussion section.
  • Please be courteous to others and do not fill their build journals with off-topic posts. If it continues after a moderator warning, your account will be nuked.

This whole competition is all in good fun. The whole point is to be creative, build something cool and have fun!

Class 1: Super Stock/Mild Custom: Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or bikes that represent the true nature of muscle bikes utilizing a stock frame. Only minor frame changes are allowed (cutting off tabs, etc)
This is more of a paint, shine, resto, mod for the bolt on builder
Extensive frame mods may be moved into class 2

Anything that bolts on, including forks, can be modified as much as you want.

Class 2: Super Modified, no holds barred, stretch, slam, built from scratch, do what you want as long as it is ridable and meets Rule #1

Multiple entries from one builder are allowed, but they must have their own build threads and be entered for voting separately
im in....can we start today!, im suffering here, I just went and bought $300 worth of tiles for the bathroom...... but all I wanna do is make something else??? like bikes....and ive even got an idea to run with already!

You Little ripper! Im now in my 50's and ive just learnt that they are called a "Step through frame" and now an even earlier term was "preist bikes" I always thought they were called womens bikes ha ha ha LOL, ya learn something everyday LOL
Because of the priest gown when women were aloud to ride bikes they choose them because of dresses in Denmark men use step through bikes really when you think about more practical when doing shopping and stuff I have a gazelle that actually has footpegs for kids to ride on the rear rack. I have to stop before @Captain Awesome tells me to get help 😂 again

Back