my new project (update 12/18/09)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my new project

UncleStretch one thing i notice was the bracket for the stand it look something verry diffrent from all the other bikes i looked at before
it all look to good to be true :!:
oh well on the hunt again :!: later mike :wink:

Well, it may not suit your current project, but it's low value, and the fact that it's probably pretty solid, make it a good candidate for a rat "basher". A couple of crusty left over wheels here, an ugly rusted handlebar there, and BAM!! Hang it on the bus, ride it into the surf, whatever. :wink:

ok gentleman i think i found the frame this is it here is the info on it the vin numbers are under the crank and it goes as this
musu
mod 502 4546 0
1 3 9 0 7
what year could this be :?:
here are the photos by the way i need the head badge if any one has one thank's guy's :!:

nice1.jpg

nice2.jpg

nice5.jpg

nice3.jpg

nice4.jpg

Its probably a late 50's JC Higgins . Most old bike serial numbers are not listed. Schwinn ..Columbia and a few others are listed and you can figure out the year. Knowing your bike was made on friday the 10th of 19 something or other wont make it ride any differant. If you go to here http://oldroads.com/ They have a large inventory of all kind of bikes and you can usually figure out pretty close as to what your bike is and when it was made. About the time you think you know the year it was produced someone like RMS37 will tell you your wrong. Build it and tell everybody its a prewar ....they all do.

Hi UncleStretch :)
at least i think i have something from the 50th , and that was funny what you said at the end made me :lol: sometimes that's true :!:
thank's alot on you're feed back , later mike :wink:

yep that is a jc higgins i have been on the hunt for a second one ever since i built my first bike i posted on here long ago, check it out

1000598.jpg

Hi karfer67
you have a beutifull bike love the tires nice color combo does you're bike has a head badge I am looking for one if you know who has one will thank you a hole bunch do you have 3 inch tire on,i like that style I hope to bill another bike with 3 inch tires too, I think I was lucky to find that frame the guy who had it had it in his garage and was not into bikes any more so he wish me luck finding parts for it he told me that he had that bike complete but little by little he sold all the parts he said that nobody like that frame so he said give me $20.00 bucks and take it so you know what I did I when to the store down the street and got a 6 pack to celebrate ,and know is time to put her back on the street , well karfer67 I will talk to you later don't forget about the head badge if you know some one that has one. Later mike :wink:

Rico, Here's the item # for a Higgins headbadge currently on EBay: 320459424222
Hope this helps.

Back