my new project (update 12/18/09)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my new project

This must be the one I get to ride if I ever make it to PR....
Hi terry
you are right this will be the one that you will ride hopefully it will be soon :), by the way you also have a verry nice bilt going on :!: ,i realy like the idea :idea: of a sex change the way you did it unique CAN'T wait to see the end result it will look verry good :!: all i will said for now is RED :wink:
thank's Terry later,mike

deorman said:
I'd be surprised if no-one here has one, but I don't.
thank's deorman
i will keep hunting till i find one hopefully cheap :!: that will help me finish in the front post thank's any way :wink:

Re: my new project (update 11/19/09

Hi guys :)
here is the new update,columbia chaingard something that needed some work it had a ton of paint on it so i used alot of paint remover but now is primed and looking like it goes there,soon i will pull the fenders of to shave the original holes.well guys hope you like it :!:
later mike :wink:
4chaingard.jpg

2chaingard.jpg

1chaingard.jpg

Hi guys
looks like i am back on the project the fenders are been shave i took it this morning to get going after the fenders i will be able to continue with primer and then paint i hope to be half way done by mid December :wink:

thank's Gerry :!:
i notice that would be a problem, drinking and riding :lol: thank's for the advice :!:
later mike :wink:

Re: my new project { UPDATE } 12-3-09

Hi guys :)
i have something to share, today a friend came by the house to see my project and saw the columbia frame and like the way the frame was looking and ask me if i will sell it, i told him that it was my new bilt that i was working on and it was almost done but he continue to ask if i will sell it so you know what happen i sold it now i am frame less :roll: ,well guys know i am on a hunt for a new frame has to be a boy's frame and most be columbia style or something similar 40 or 50 no newer,well i guest i will keep you guys posted hope to find a frame by monday so i could continue this bild :!:
later :wink:

deorman said:
You know you want to cut and weld something. :p
Hi deorman :)
that will be nice but i dont have a welder and dont have a way to get frames to cut and weld wish i could any way it was hard to let go the frame i realy like the color combination on it , i told my friend that i will use the same colors but on a different way i will not lay the same design i hope to find something old hopefully with a tank :!:

thank's deorman :)
i have to find one by monday i alredy call a few guys and they are tracking some thing for me, keep you updated :!:

Hi guys :D
this is my new frame i have no clue how is made by i will be in need of help :!: the vin number is under the crank and all i found is
9-188-1644 it has no head badge and no holes to put one in, could some one help me id this frame please :)
NEWFRAME5.jpg

sorry for the pictures been so dark it's dark out :oops:

NEWFRAME4.jpg

NEWFRAME.jpg

Really looks like that Western Flyer reproduction I built my Zig Zag out of. Same two piece tank that kind slides over each side,and the thing had a sticker for a head badge so no holes.

D.jpg

you know Uncle Stretch that look's just like the same frame :!:

guys this forum is the best there are so many of you guys that know you're bikes, every time that i have a problem with any of my bikes , parts and on and on ,you guys come out with the right answer i am addicted to this forum i learn new things every time,thank's to all of you guys that make this forum what it is THE BEST :!:

ok what get's me is the vin number been 9 188 1644 it's that a new reproduction number :?:

thank's to all :!: , later mike :wink:

I think they just made up some numbers . I can check on mine. I think they were made in the mid 80's. I might be wrong. They were a reproduction of a 50's Western Flyer. I'm not sure of the value of them. Some people get a couple hundred for a nice one and others sell them for a nickel. :shock: :shock: They are made ok from what I could tell. I never cut the frame so I dont know the thickness of the tubing.

Back