Music and cruising..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use a sony 545 mp3 player with the ear buds that came with it. it fits an a cell phone pouch that i clip to my beltloop. i keep the volume low enough to hear cars and my kids who usually ride with me. i also have a mirror on my left bar for the same reason. i only listen to classic rock and 80s "hair metal" (high school music), usually early van halen. 8)

only music when i ride is whatevers stuck in my head at the time...
as for good psycho....calamitiez,gutter demons,sir psyko & his monsters,hayride to ....,los difuntos,the bat finks,gorilla,nekromantix,koffin kats,and a whole lot of others....

I use pocket radios for riding since they, well, fit in my pocket. A Sony ICF-S10MK2 or Grundig M300. Batteries last forever.

I keep looking for a decent mp3/portable speaker setup but can't find one that doesn't involve either dangling wires or mounting something on the bars...

Has anyone tried the cheap mp3/speaker sets you can get cheap on deal xtreme? http://www.dealextreme.com/p/unique-sku ... slot-47804

When I first saw this thread last week, it gave me some music ideas... Just wanted y'alls to know I now have a pandora station for .... Dale and Los Straitjackets on my iPhone. Good stuff, thanks for the inspiration.

--rick

aw jeez the censor got me. /rolleyes

Listen to wefunk radio of the internet , funk , hip hop , rap.
Use my phone to stream off internet and use the speaker on that or headphones.

heres my setup this was a 25$ chinese ebay radio the fm setup doesnt work but it works great with mp3 players, i got the largest cap gel cell but the one thats the smallest 12 works for at least 10 hours.
EE4g8.jpg

AYtYk.jpg

E01mF.jpg

Ace said:
Not only that, but I'm a lazy rider: my judgement and decisions in traffic depend for at least 50% on what I hear :mrgreen: that's why I'm no fan of electric cars :lol:

Electric cars- if those people want to go GREEN then they need to buy an old bike, (keeping it out of the landfill) and ride it. Instead of buying a car that was built in a factory polluting the ozone and using electricity from burning fossil fuels. Yeah Rat Rod Bikes- The original form of GREEN transportation! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back to the music choices DrT- good choice on Dropkick Murphys.
Everybody else that likes the surf rock-Check out The One Night Standards http://www.myspace.com/theonenightstandards They are local to me and amazing to listen to and see live.
Rockabilly folks- don't forget about The Rev. Horton Heat! Always great tunes there.
And for a little sumthin different- Fred Shafer http://fredshafer.com/music-video.php

someguy83 said:
Electric cars- if those people want to go GREEN then they need to buy an old bike, (keeping it out of the landfill) and ride it. Instead of buying a car that was built in a factory polluting the ozone and using electricity from burning fossil fuels. Yeah Rat Rod Bikes- The original form of GREEN transportation! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Amen to that, And Rat Rod bikes look so much better. I mean:
Prius
2007prius.jpg

Rat Rod
rustrocket_zine_a.jpg

rustrocket_zine_d.jpg

rustrocket_zine_e1.jpg

rustrocket_zine_e2.jpg

rustrocket_zine_e3.jpg

rustrocket_zine_e4.jpg

rustrocket_zine_e5.jpg

rustrocket_zine_f.jpg