Music and cruising..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious on what people cruise to and what kind of equipment you listen with.
I use my iPhone and an X-mini speaker, I listen to pandora radio or podcasts..
My podcast choice is Wreckhouse Radio for the best in psychobilly :)
My pandora radio choices include The Meteors, Demented Are Go, the Misfits, Cash, Go Cat Go... The list can go on and on :) Im trying to see if I can find some new stuff to cruise to.. Segestions are always welcom in my book :-D

16611 songs on my ipod touch so no shortage of variety. Klipsch earbuds, only one for safety unless I'm on a path far away from bonehead drivers, wreckhouse radio, maximum rocknroll podcast, old punk mostly (I'm an old punk) some new punk, some psycho, some blues, aggrolites at the beach for a mellow cruise.

I really like cruising to Los Straitjackets for that beach feel :) just a bunch of surf guitars...

I use a standard iPod with over ear headphones, not the massive over the whole ear, just over the ear hole. These allow them to be slid back when needed but wind sounds are cut down so that you can hear cars. This is if you don't have the music jacked way up. Compare this to your car or truck where your pushing MEGA WATTS into all the cars around you and in this mode you won't hear cars coming. Most important I wear a mirror so I can see cars just like in my truck.
I won't wear ear buds, they fall out, or any that slip into the ear holes for that matter. The clip behind the ears can't be slipped on or off that easy, The standard simple over the ear headphones can be drop around your neck if you really have to. I'd like to find a good speaker system without spending big bucks.

I refuse to listen to radio that has comercials, there are a few around here that at times play what I like. I'll listen to most anything with a cadence I can pedal to. From Stray Cats to some jumping big band and beyond. A little cajon gets a few miles down the road. The most interesting cadence music is Irish music. Most people hate it but around New England it gets a lot of air time. I realized the cadence during my rowing days when racing around Boston and Hull an Irish Curagh team had a coxwain who sang certain songs that kept the rowers in perfect order but I can only handle about a half hour of it and it's only one song anyway, they just play different parts of it. :lol: .

GL

I sing to myself. It's all good until the air guitar solo, I tend to fall off then. On a serious note, there are too many crazy people on the road, I don't need any distractions that may cause me my life.

I've got around 500G of music in my collection (at least I did before my hard drive died last week), so I use an app called Orb, kinda like Pandora, but I control the playlist. I also use Pandora, when i get 'tired' of my stuff. Taste are all over the place, metal, straight up rock, rockabilly, punk, even boring junk like Keane, whatever the situation calls for.
Lately, I've been on a two-artist/genre kick or Mr. Dale (surf guitar king) and the Dropkick Murphy's.

Rock on and ride on!
Cheers,
Dr. T

Im looking for a good dock for my iPhone to go cruising. Apparently they have a generator which keeps the phone powered...should be coming out soon or something like that.

I cant use headphones...I tend to lose my balance and the sense of what is around me.

I listen to a huge variety of stuff.

Muse, System of a down, The bloody beetroots, Vitalics...

And it goes on.

I never thought of listening to music while riding one of my nostalgic bikes. I have thought of making a trike with a huge custom speaker system between the rear wheels, though - an automotive setup with active crossover, mid-bass, mid, tweets, and of course a nice, ported sub.

For some incredible surf music, check out the Blue Stingrays:
http://www.amazon.com/Surf-N-Burn-Blue- ... B000001INM
I also like The Eliminators:
http://www.amazon.com/Unleashed-Elimina ... 956&sr=1-1

If you like rockabilly, you may also want to check out Danny Gatton (maybe not quite rockabilly, but the guitar work is awesome):
http://www.amazon.com/88-Elmira-Street- ... 103&sr=1-3
and Ronnie Dawson:
http://www.amazon.com/Live-Continental- ... 146&sr=1-7

I like all kinds of music but those are a few of my favorites in this category. Cruise on...

I never listen to music whilst in traffic, it makes me very skittish and jumpy with every sound I pick up around me :shock: so I don't bother anymore. Cruising is about relaxing, not high bloodpressure. :lol:

I never listen to music whilst in traffic, it makes me very skittish and jumpy with every sound I pick up around me so I don't bother anymore. Cruising is about relaxing, not high bloodpressure.

Riding in the netherlands, especially Holland is a lot different the where I live. I diddnt realize that the Bike lane in Holland was so serious. The bike lane here is part of the street and its really unlikley you will get hit by a bike. In Holland I almost got hit by bikes like 5 times a day. So I can understand why you might not want to have music playing while you ride.

That's why I use an X mini speaker.. I can fit my phone and the speaker in my chest pocket I can hear everything around me.. Look it up ;-)

Old school blues, Hound Dog Taylor, Muddy Waters, R.L. Burnside. Killer riding music, Best guitar music ever, makes you feel like Tony Suprano if he pimped a cruiser. Though I do listen to some Social D and Minor Threat, Misfits and such. :mrgreen:

I've got a Samsung Sansa MP3 player with Sony headphones, unlike the I-pod you do not have to buy music from I-tunes. I download most of my music from Frostwire and before that it was Limewire, Kazaa, and some other freebie thing I can't remember at the moment. As far as the music itself, mostly old rock, alternative, everything from Jeff Healey to Jimi Hendrix, Metallica, AC/DC, Scorpions, Kiss, Dokken, Dio, Ozzy, Deep Purple, Cypress Hill, Iron Maiden, Iron Butterfly, Meatloaf, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, .......The list goes on and on and on..... :mrgreen:

nothing. i am thinking about adding speakers to a fairing bike i'm playing with, but even then i haven't thought up how i'd power them.

i just don't think about some music to listen to while i'm riding, but after reading this, my old radio walkman from my running days is sitting around the house. i could put it back into use.

Back