Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mofo/ MO FAUX's build

I stripped the frame and tins today for MO FAUX...I have some work to do on the tank and chainguard (see all the divots?)
8559889f.jpg

Spent the day rummaging through my parts bin, I'm going to use another vintage handlebar...these are original Lauterwasser's.
ef4b9769.jpg

Re: Mofo: Update 6/18

Vinegar works good as well.How long did you have to wait with the lemon juice?

Oh man, more coolness. I have to try the lemon juice. On page one you have a pic of a pile of cool forks. What is the make and model of the one on top of the pile center with the cool truss rods? I need to find that one for my build.

Circa Cycles said:
Vinegar works good as well.How long did you have to wait with the lemon juice?

For my tanks, I left them in for about 1.5 hrs to two hrs...for real crusty items I'll leave in overnite. For rusty chrome pieces avoid leaving in the lemon bath for longer than a day, the juice will actually dissolve the chrome.

Ape Stanger said:
Oh man, more coolness. I have to try the lemon juice. On page one you have a pic of a pile of cool forks. What is the make and model of the one on top of the pile center with the cool truss rods? I need to find that one for my build.

All of the forks are Cleveland Welding Company just different years. The one you're interested in is a The 1939 Western Flyer, it's the same fork in the photo underneath the pile pic it's just torn down for cleaning.

First was MOFO, then MO FAUX, is your build after that going to be MAUX FAUX???

kingfish254 said:
First was MOFO, then MO FAUX, is your build after that going to be MAUX FAUX???
Lets not get ahead of our selfs. :)

Critter1 said:
I like what your using the lemon juice faux. :)
Ha,ha,ha...it lust faux rust!

While digging through my parts I came across these 1956 Studebaker's Golden Hawk turn signal lamps...I picked them up several years ago for almost nothing, because the tip on one of the spears was broken. I'm thinking these would be really cool as headlights on the tank of MoFaux?
732140dd.jpg

i also found this 1" pitch chainring, I really like the mechanical appearance of it. Those pedals are Schwinn rat traps, they should work out nicely for this build.
9ebc1eee.jpg

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 6/19

Critter1 said:
I'm liking the headlight idea! Lets see a mock up pic.. Hold em up next to the tank.

This is the direction I'm going in...I'm liking it. I'll need to do something about the horn holes in the tank.
52220d8d.jpg

just make sure your knees aren't going to hit the tank lights. I hope not, cuz it looks cool.

Great idea with the turn signals! What they look like side by side mounted up front? Dual lights.

Back