Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mofo: Update 6/13

Cool stuff man!!!

fordsnake said:
kingfish254 said:
There are always some cool parts on most RRB builds, but I don't think I have ever seen a parts list for any of the builds.

What are you building with? Sometimes it's easy for the rest of us to miss some of the cool parts that you are using.
I challenged myself to build Mofo without destroying or cutting any desirable parts. Many of the parts are over 100 years old:

Frame & Tank: 1940’s Cleveland Welding Company - Hawthorne
Front suspension fork: 1960’s Sears Spaceliner
Crank arm: 1930’s Monark Dogleg
Sprocket: 1900’s Pierce
Pedals: 1900's Torrington Rat Trap
Headlight: 1930’s Delta Car Spotlight
Handlebars: 1900’s Race Bars
Grips: Flexgrips?
Stem: 1930’s Iver Johnson
Seat: 1930’s Troxel pan
Rims: 1960’s Murrays with New Departure hubs & brake
Tires: Vintage Carlisle Lightning Dart 26 x 2.125 White Walls

kingfish254 said:
Fred G is my hero. All of my freinds joke around and call me Fred when I make a good deal.

I've used this for my avatar before.

Sanford-Dummy.jpg

Say What? I thought you would have used George "Kingfish" Stevens, the original deal maker!
e7d610f3.jpg

Naw man, no one holds a candle to Redd's Fred character.

Jake Sensi said:
By the way . You have the best avatar! The day he passed tears welled in my eyes. Fred G. Forever Baby!! That will be my next build! Thanks again!!
Yeah, Fred G. Sanford was a folk hero, but his alter ego Redd Foxx was a riot! I remember catching him on the Chitlin' circuit in my 20's. If you want to hear who Richard Pryor mimic, listen to the sly Foxx. Also did you know Redd Foxx's birth name was John Elroy Sanford?

i love it! i saw this maybe the 1st 2 or 3 pages but,now?! wow! :shock:

fordsnake said:
Jake Sensi said:
By the way . You have the best avatar! The day he passed tears welled in my eyes. Fred G. Forever Baby!! That will be my next build! Thanks again!!
Yeah, Fred G. Sanford was a folk hero, but his alter ego Redd Foxx was a riot! I remember catching him on the Chitlin' circuit in my 20's. If you want to hear who Richard Pryor mimic, listen to the sly Foxx. Also did you know Redd Foxx's birth name was John Elroy Sanford?
You just schooled alot of folks! Hats off to you.

Jake Sensi said:
fordsnake said:
Jake Sensi said:
You just schooled alot of folks! Hats off to you.

I forgot to mention that Fred Sanford was the name of Redd's real life brother!

Re: Mofo: Update 6/14

Since I have some time left, I’ve been kicking around another idea to go along with MOFO (yeah, I know I can only enter one build) the rules says you can change bikes once if needed. I'm not sure if my second idea is going to top MOFO, but we'll see? Anyway, Kingfish tossed me an alternate name “MO FAUX” which I love, I’m going to see what I can make of it using this 1950’s Rollfast I had laying around.

6e587a43.jpg

Rules? I want to see what your're going to do next. Maybe move it to the the generic "build" thread. I don't care I just want to see more cool stuff.

Mofo: Update 6/14

Ape Stanger said:
Rules? I want to see what your're going to do next. Maybe move it to the the generic "build" thread. I don't care I just want to see more cool stuff.
haha!! Yea but the "name brand" BO7 thread is so much more fun!! :)

Ape Stanger said:
I’m not if I can do it in the time frame…but I’m going to give it a shot! Stay tuned.

Critter1 said:
fordsnake said:
Critter1 said:
haha!! Yea but the "name brand" BO7 thread is so much more fun!! :)
In the memorable words of our "Critter1” FAUX REAL!

There, fixed it. :wink:
You gotta take your props when they're rightfully yours!

Yes sir! Critter came up the FAUX REAL that started all of this MO FAUX talk from me.
I guess that makes Critter the FAUX FATHER.

Back