(MBBO Class 1) Hot Purple Valiant!! ( done.. ) )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shoveled out 7 1/2 yards of rock today in the long driveway at the house. I feel you're pain...literally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the brushed metallic nickel base on the sprocket cover. Let it dry and hit it with the airbrush tomorrow. To see if I end up with blue , red and purple candy as I want, or if it will end up blue pink and lavender which I don't want.

While waiting for the air to dry and warm this morning, I took the bike on a long ride. (Dewed last night, rare except in winter here). Some highlights.

Middle of the dance floor.

On the edge

By the rebar sculptures.

Along the park trail, they are setting up christmas lights.

And at the bike/skate park

Tore it down today.

Lovin that 3MPremium sandpaper.

the rear frame is steel, rusting in the air with the degreaser I used. Washed with dawn seems to be good now. Got more sanding todo tomorrow. Then a few coats of base.

Last edited:
Today I started with some dark red and added some transparent black, then went to bright red with a little yellow mixed In to light it up.

Them added some purple into blue.

When I add the top of dark clear blue, sand a little, and then add the gloss coat, its really gonna pop out.

It was my first attempt at color shift, I think it turned out well, used way less colored paint than I thought I would. And way more clear coat.

After re-assembly, still have Tons yet todo.
My friend gave me some 12 volt air horns I am farting around with. If i can make them work, Will wire them in with the lights.
Also starting to fab up a 7 speed stick shift.
Back rest is cut and waiting for me to figure out how to foam it up.
Lots a stainless to polish.

That black frame is cut now and begging me to mount dropouts on it... next week.

Back