(MBBO Class 1) Hot Purple Valiant!! ( done.. ) )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're almost finished and I haven't even started yet!
Lookin Good!

You're almost finished and I haven't even started yet!
Lookin Good!
I still got a long ways togo yet, A lot of details to finish. I haven't even started to paint yet. That'll be a couple weeks alone.

Weather is getting colder, and the base black will take a while to cure, before I can do the graphics. Still tossing around thoughts on it, but primary base will be black.

I have hours/days of work on brackets, chain guards, and finishing up designs to mount the lights. Putting in discrete Wiring and electrical as well.

After a few hours of riding it, its clear the seat needs more /better padding. Will be sewing something up for that. I have some black and white Alligator Print vinyl in the attic that I will use.

Lotsa plans, little time these days.

Cut some vinyl today. After riding the bile for about 20 miles yesterday, I was saddle sore.

Cut aome black and some white. For the immediate need, I cut a piece of black big enuff to be a wrap and cut a foam overlay to add about an inch of compressed padding..

The white, will be red when I sew up the final cover.

Will try out the make-do one tomorrow.

Rode it out to carclub today.

The seat is better on padding.

Matches in with the scratched, well used look of the bike for the moment.

Gotta wait for these to dry for a couple of days.

The pattern will look good on it. Slightly humped.

Edit:These were a fail, tacky and unusable.

Last edited:
I've never tried the valspar. So this is my first go with it. It seemed a little tacky, but dry earlier. Will see after it dries in a day, how workable it is, and after that how durable. I am hopeful it is as good.

I have had good results with the Plastikote Vinly paint on automotive dashes and seats before. It bonds well.

Polish, polish, polish... Then the Dane ate my Emery Compound :-/ It does smell awful nasty, kinda like butt. So she ate it.

So now, polish polish, and less is removed because only have mid grit compound now. They shine, but still have work marks in them...

Installed, the fit well.

Now seat post is parallel with sissy, and I have holes to mount the tail light

Merle is a comedic moron but he cracks me up...
Everybody knows you don't use a 12oz ball peen hammer for training wheels...
You use an 8. ;)

Carl.

Last edited:
Lol, so I need a a littler hammer for the training wheels . Hehehe

. the hammer was just the cuz I had center-punched a hole to drill on the wheelie bars to mount the little Quickie Caster mags to them. I have a set of 10" mags that I couldn't quite figure how to mount them to the bars.

I figured the 30year old ski would make a good slightly sprung backrest.

Back