(MBBO 4 Class 1) In Violet --Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it figures. I like the leopard. Has a real "60's lava lamp" look to it...nice cool vibe!

So far I am thinking tiger, but may change to leopard when I superstuff the seat.

As for spokes, thos guys at bike world down on rainbow helped me out to get the last eight spokes to the right length. I couldn't find my threader and can't afford a replacement, and they have a machine that cuts and threads them. Cost me like .50 a spoke, for 8 spokes, plus they had a shorter length crank on the shelf.

Thumbs are sore but got 56. Er , 55 spokes, have the stem hole. That was spaced perfectly where the new hole should almost be. Had to flip them heads in.

Building... riding...

I think solid yellow looks the best
I'm thinking plain,I've never been a fan of animal print.

I like the solid yellow as well. It has that pure banana look to it. I will need a bigger piece if I want to stuff it fuller. I am tempted to wrap my smaller seat with this one and see how it looks. Might be a seat swap later on.

Well, it figures. I like the leopard. Has a real "60's lava lamp" look to it...nice cool vibe!

Id say leopard because I've never seen that before. Look in' good!
I had never seen one on a bike either. And it does go with the 64 Brain bike. I tried to pattern it like that. When I cut the stuffing I plan to try wrapping it with this to see what it looks like.

Digging this bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I'm kinda' feeling the tiger stripe.
[emoji106]:grin:
Tiger....plain if you can find a piece that matches the tires/grips. This one has some flavor..[emoji106]

My wife and son voted on tiger as well. I like all three, for now. Will run them thru the mix again. So far tally, here and online 4 plain, 3 leopard, 4 tiger.

Drilled the sissy.

Building... riding...

Spent some time on the smaller seat tonight. An old couch cushion, left over from the couch the Dane ate when she was a puppy.

The thick pad, will compress down.

I sewed up the edge of the yellow cover, and threaded a chord thru it. Then set the padding all together and squished it down while putting the cover around it and then cinched it up.

Now, this banana will give some comfort on the rear.

Looks good on the bike. I had to wrap the handles and tires because someone kept getting ford ranger dirt near them...

Have the brackets made for the shifter. A clutch for my friends truck tomorrow, maybe I can install it Sunday.

Building... riding...

Shifter on top tube? You could call it a Hurst donut....cuz if you fall on it you can say, "Hurst, don't it?" Okay, it's early, and cold here in the northland...29 degrees...fahrenheit...

Shifter on top tube? You could call it a Hurst donut....cuz if you fall on it you can say, "Hurst, don't it?" Okay, it's early, and cold here in the northland...29 degrees...fahrenheit...
Yes, shifter on top tube, on the straight part of the bar.

Brrrr, that's cold... 66 deg and rainy here in vegas this morning. And I thought it was cold...

Building... riding...

Love the seat, looks very comfortable!

:113:

Luke.
Of the set I'm putting up today, I think the tiger below, with the soft foam and high density will be most comfortable.
Looks amazing

I'm liking the way it is turning out as well, Thanks Jake!
Love that purple!
Thanks Pick!! Its a great paint mix, I've used it before, it always has shift and depth.

Spent today while the Broncos played making my fingertips sore.

Sewed up the edges on the other two seat covers.

Then glued some high density to the pan.

Then cut out a software foam stuffer. It only ended up fitting in the tiger...

So, leopard. Not the most comfy as I couldn't over stuff it.

Tiger, overstuffed and comfy. I am torn between the tiger and the mini banana.

The mini banana,

sprayed with waterproofing a little darker.

Leaning to Tiger. Need to paint solvent test the waterproofing before spraying the tiger seat..

Building... riding...

I dig the tiger. Cushy for the booty. Lol

I dig the tiger. Cushy for the booty. Lol

I'm liking the tiger now!

Luke.
And with those votes, plus once I sat on it I changed to tiger also.

I mounted the second brake on the rear.

Gotta take it off this weekend when I setup the polishing wheel.

Thinking I like the hoop, need to make something stronger than 1/8" brake line.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I am faced with a tough one. Everyone has been so helpful, I am likin the chain guard, but I like it without as well and like each for different reasons.

With the guard, it completes the chrome back to the tire. Adds a bit o bling, and I can decal it up.

Without it, its clean and as my wife said, it pops, even with that, she liked it on the bike. She even went as far to say, paint it yellow too...

I thinkin that might be too much yellow. He computer is casters up, so can't Photoshop a yellow one in.

When I make up the nerfs and put them on, it may become obvious. .

Building... riding...

Latest posts

Back