Maine Woods (ANOTHER "COMPLETE" RAT )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, that's Mister King Rat to you
Thinking about taking part in this whole build off thing. I have an oddball frame that was found in the woods while scavenging VW parts. The rules say ridable, but don't specify by whom. So I figure if one of my girls can ride it when I'm done, that's good enough. I'd like some feedback.
bo1.jpg

bo2.jpg

bo3.jpg

And some parts.
bo4.jpg

Re: Woods Of Maine

That is a very Strange frame.Excellent choice for a build. 8) 8)

Love it!

im collecting parts for a Rat build for my daughter, she's loves my bikes.. and begs daddy for one just like his everytime i pull one out of the shop.

ill be watching this build!

BB looks wider then normal. Hope you didn't wreck the cranks. If you did, cut one and add (weld) what you need. Good luck.

That wasn't a 3 piece crank set was it?

KOTA said:
That wasn't a 3 piece crank set was it?

Two bearing pressed into bb, shaft with sprocket welded on, and two arms. One bearing came destroyed, the other is complete but needs replaced, both threaded ends of shaft are really messed up, and one of the crank arms was bent really bad as well. Can probably straighten the arm and maybe find new bearings, but the bunged up shaft is really worrying me.

I have never seen anything like that! :eek:

If you have to, CUT out the BB, and put a normal one in

ChrisMac said:
KOTA said:
I have never seen anything like that! :eek:
Great! That's reassuring.
I edited my post while you were posting. Can you cut it out and replace it?
Isn't this a GREAT hobby?

ChrisMac said:
Can get the new bearings for $10 each and am going to talk to a machine shop to make a new shaft.
Getting serious now! :D

Back