Low Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is wild to get so many positive responses to the bike and I appreciate them all. After seeing the fabrication skills of the Renaissance Man and No Joke (among many others) and having them both post, I am humbled to be in this company. I am officially hooked on bike building.

No work will get done this weekend so enjoy the 4th.

I got the Low Tracker running and driving today. The front fork has a lot of side to side flex. W The exhaust is louder than i hoped and i will experiment with limiting the flow at the tail pipe to see if that changes the pitch. Not as uncomfortable as it looks and fun bike to ride. Now the fine tuning starts with the chain tensioner. My light bracket needs some reinforcing and the battery needs to get wired in.
You are at a good spot for fine tuning (timewise). I need to get there asap. A lot of small things come into play when you motorize a bike. That's the fun of it.

I'm back from vacation and ready to continue on the build. The swap meets as fun and I picked up some cool stuff for the low tracker. I wired the lights to the battery box, added the rollfast head badge i got at the meet. Will be adding the glass fuel filter and fixing one final leak in the tank. I have been driving it around the neighborhood to good reviews. Still need 1/2 inch pedals but am very close to calling it done! Here are a couple of beauty pics I took a few minutes ago.
20140713_172433_zpsbeh8swji.jpg

20140713_172331_zpsjmzygn0w.jpg

20140713_172303_zpsinymknqi.jpg

Yes I have been riding it a lot. I used my phone speedo and it goes 25 mph. At the top end the little chinese motor sounds stressed. It is way more comfortable than it looks. I did put a softer seat on it to absorb the bumps. I get little leverage with the shorter crank so I have to plan on using the brakes. When it gets dark I will see if the light works as intended.

Any videos of it running along? Love the way these sound

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Love the stance and the aging you did on this bike!

Latest posts

Back