HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? (LAKEPIPES INSTALL) aka-exhaust pipes

The tank is just on for show at the moment,I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with it.I have no doubt this bike will go through numerous teardowns and rebuilds.

Road Master said:
I like the looks of the over/under headlights - I ended up with a similar combination on my RRBBO5 Build! Robert

2.jpg

3.jpg

BTW - I was in my storage space the other day and I looked for the Hiawatha Embossed Chain Guard I was telling you about and I do indeed have one. I brought it back to the house w/ me - I'll get some pics and PM them to you. Have Fun Robert
I have admired your bike many times,I really dont think mine will look so good.Thats an awesome bike bro!
Ill check the mail,thanks!

I would go with the Irish badge or maybe put it on the seattube.

Man that's a good looking bike! :shock: I agree with Kingfish, put the Irish one on the seat tube and the original badge up front :wink: That's what I did on The Young American 8)

The pipes look great.

My chain would slap the frame when I hit the brakes. Any clearance issue with the pipes?

atvokj.jpg

Wildcat said:
The pipes look great.

My chain would slap the frame when I hit the brakes. Any clearance issue with the pipes?

atvokj.jpg
Ya know I was soo mad at the rear hub being messed up that I didnt notice haha.I rotated it some and didnt hear anything but once again I was upset at the time.
It may be something I will have to compensate for by one means or the other.
If it ends up being a clearance issue Ill make a guide roller to keep the chain off the pipes.

Xcruiser said:
Wildcat said:
The pipes look great.

atvokj.jpg
Ya know I was soo mad at the rear hub being messed up that I didnt notice haha.I rotated it some and didnt hear anything but once again I was upset at the time.
It may be something I will have to compensate for by one means or the other.
If it ends up being a clearance issue Ill make a guide roller to keep the chain off the pipes.
Id like to report that the chain clears like it was factory built for pipes!!

Xcruiser said:
found a decent sprocket to try out
Had to gank it off a walmart Next
002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

cleaned it and shot it with clear
011.jpg

007-2.jpg
Haha another next missing parts do to the build off

dabbling with chainguards since I dont have the original.This one was out of a bike shop/western auto up town that is being turned into a restaraunt.the price on it says 1.29 lol.Its unused,likely a repro but has the look im shooting for and well....its about all i have that will fit.
hiawatha003-4.jpg

hiawatha010-1.jpg

Had a cool old shift knob laying around,it was beat up and yellowed.Found a cool way to incorporate it into my build.
Why not a shift knob horn button!
for a shift rod i used a broken sissy bar and an axle shaft.
hiawathaknob001.jpg

everything just kinda laying there while i scratched my head
hiawathaknob002.jpg

the shift rod cut down(had to be cut in half later)
hiawathaknob004.jpg

top view,pre clean up
hiawathaknob003.jpg

side view of the shaft assembly,spot welded a washer and squared it to keep it all in place
hiawathaknob005.jpg

knob after SOS scrub and polishing with metal polish,works great on some plastics
hiawathaknob006.jpg

lowered the horn assembly with a couple spacer nuts and longer screws,this is it assembled,need the horn itself now and it will work
hiawathaknob007.jpg

Some after popping the tank on,the tank will get some form of work down the road.
hiawathaknob011.jpg

hiawathaknob010.jpg

hiawathaknob009.jpg

hiawathaknob012.jpg

hiawathaknob008.jpg

hiawathaknob015.jpg

Truly hope you all like it!!!!!!!
Thanks for dropping in!!

Re: HiaWhatThe? update-(SHIFT KNOB HORN BUTTON)

Road Master said:
Now that's the kind of imaginative little extras that seperate the winners from the others. What are you going to come up with for the light switch? Keep up the great work! Robert
Thank you soo much buddy.By the way I sent the payment via paypal for the chainguard!
Thanks again!

Back