Elgin Board Track Racer, she's finis!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint looks amazing, hard to believe it's a spraybomb with store brand paint.:thumbsup:
Missing Link and Renaissance Man: Thanks, I did spend a great deal of time on prep work but I am really impressed at how nice the flow and coverage was with this paint.
Dr. Tank - I love the old vintage automotive colors, especially the Volkswagen offerings of the 50's and 60's and I think this color is pretty close

Yep, had to make a few tools in AZ this winter for the ORBO build. Here's my bearing press. Works on HS and BB....
16687_fd84f22ab548141e0927b4baccba3bd7.jpg

...and, from your picture I am putting 2 + 2 together....you build for Elderly? :13:

Yep, had to make a few tools in AZ this winter for the ORBO build. Here's my bearing press. Works on HS and BB....
View attachment 27581

...and, from your picture I am putting 2 + 2 together....you build for Elderly? :13:
Ah, very similar! Mine too works for the BB cups.
When I saw the price for the Park tool it didn't take me long to figure out how to make my own!

I wish I built guitars at Elderly. Lansing is 2 hours east of where I am. Nah, I just build for my own entertainment. That would be too stressful working on other's valuable, vintage instruments.

Not sure I mentioned this to you before, but I went back to school 12 yrs ago and got a degree in Musical Stringed Instrument Repair- Violin family. Work out of my home for our local music store, the St Paul City schools, and private parties. Yes, the high end stuff does make you sweat a little more. That's where the 'stress pricing' comes into play! I saw your post of your guitar build... nice work on that!

Teaching my boy how to use my super duper bearing cup press and how to save a gazillion dollars by making your own tools!

Patent Pending! :bigsmile:
Looks good...I just use a rawhide mallet and beat the cups into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good...I just use a rawhide mallet and beat the cups into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I try to steer clear of the hammer ... for my own safety and to reduce having to fix the destruction I usually cause with it.
You know the old saying "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"? Yeah, that's me ... a little over-zealous with a hammer!

Back