done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: air ride frame work in progress

that tube bender is great i love the mix of parts. oh and that seat is pure genius using a vw seat cover. nice lettering too wish i was that good. on my current bike i am using the horrable orange harbor freight bender and i find as long as you do say 2 pumps then move the tube a bit and do it again like this all the way down the tube it comes out very well. at least until i can justify buying a 800 dollar bender

It is meant for low volume tools, I went online and looked and it is hit or miss on being bad or okay for your tools. I am gonna give it a go to see, more than likely I will make a copper coil right after the regulator the size of a beer bottle. Transfer some of that energy in a beer and put it to good use.

A cheaper alternative to the Kobalt regulator
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200385985_200385985

or use a kegerator regulator
nitrogen
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-bee ... 942BN.html
co2
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-bee ... -942B.html

oh and that seat is pure genius using a vw seat cover
Ha! I thought that seat upholstry looked familiar, it would go well with the beetle steering wheel on my tubing roller. I believe those gas regulators look to be for welding-sized gas bottles, not lightweight paintball equipment. I love (most) forums, there's so much we can share and learn from the experiences of others'. :mrgreen:

Those little 5lb'ers from the welding shop will fit underneath my butt, I am making a big bertha of a contraption bike. However it is getting painted like a NOS tank.

had some time to work on the rear. wanted something to look very simple and not over the top. will be posting pics.

010-2.jpg

NICE WORK!...........Less "drama" on this forum,eh? :lol:

looks sweet. the only thing i hate is that you can't layout fully with a bike frame... unless you put a cylinder on the front too, or have basically no clearance.

looks awesome! where can i sign the waiting list? :wink:

Lookin' great, I love 144 spoke wheels. I've got a lot of work to do to catch up. Missed the UPS guy on friday, but my switches are in town! Bought a bunch of tooling leather and carving tools this weekend, got a bunch of things to do now!

I'm guessing: drill a hole through the dropout, weld on the backside out of sight. :wink:

ocd... nice to hear that you got the ball rolling. what do you plan on doing first? were you able to return the switch back to bone collector for a refund? what kind of design are you going to put on your seat?

I haven't asked for a refund, Canadian shipping is more expensive than USPS so I'd likely come out behind anyway. I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually (kegger, kegger....). I need spokes to build my wheels before I get too far into this project, it turns out the combination of large flange hubs and 24" x 65mm rims will mean at least one set of custom made spokes and I'm only 95% sure the 3" Kendas will fit my rear suspension. When building, I usually like to have the wheels mounted in the jig and then fill everything in between. Pattern for seat? I don't know yet, I've done a little bit of leather carving previously, but nothing too ambitious. My last build has been crying for a cruiser-width one and I just love the look of the carved leather seats. Check out the Goathead Bike build here, inspiring carving work. I'm glad you signed up on the FBN site, Chainsaw, Giggles and the rest of the members are great, like Kota said about RRB... much less drama than some other sites 8)
DSC02339.jpg

Back