done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: air ride bicycle Update: youtube video

THE BIKE NOW HAS KENDA FLAMES 26X3.00! THEY ARE F'N SIC!!!
003-7.jpg

Lookin' good. Amazing how much better a custom bike looks with fatter wheels/tires. Did you get one on the front too? I'd like to see some pics/video with you riding the bike too. :mrgreen:

OCD said:
Lookin' good. Amazing how much better a custom bike looks with fatter wheels/tires. Did you get one on the front too? I'd like to see some pics/video with you riding the bike too. :mrgreen:

whats up ocd..
yeah, i got both front and rear. still would like to change the wheels for the 2.5's. i need another person to film me. right now i have a small vid clip of the bike picking me up, but i would like add more footage before i post on youtube.

Re: air ride frame work in progress

OCD said:
Here's a pic of the air ride parts I've collected so far. The regulator is adjustable from 200-1000psi, I figure 200psi will be plenty. With the airchuck fitting I can hook it up to my shop compressor until I find a deal on a 4500psi paintball tank.
AirRideParts.jpg

Here's my cheap bender and homemade tube roller (made mostly from salvaged material from my scrap bin).
TubeRoller.jpg

the VW steering wheel is the best part!!!!!!

had the seat reupholstered. looks allot more cleaner and simple compared to the way it was before.
006-5.jpg

Re: update pics 5-9-10 Rat Bike On Air

could not find a true freaky-lookin moon bar anywhere. so... I made my own radical mooner :D
went with 1 inch all the way because 7/8's look too puny to me. It changed the whole look of the bike.
If anybody wants a "radical mooner" for their rat project send me a pm.

024-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

010-4.jpg

008-5.jpg

The bike looks very cool! I like the tires and the moon bar.

Shaggy

Thats a sick bike bro! Id like something like that!

hey man i new to the forum and this custom bike building if you dont mind me asking where can i get a long chain like you used and also where is a good place to find an air cylinder such as the one you used thankyou for any info

hey chope you can just buy two regualr single speed chains and put them together with the master links they come with. :wink: but i suggest buying a chain breaker tool to make custom lengths.

chopemup87 said:
hey man i new to the forum and this custom bike building if you dont mind me asking where can i get a long chain like you used and also where is a good place to find an air cylinder such as the one you used thankyou for any info

Hi Chopemup87. I used two standard chains and linked them together with master links. i used a cheap chain breaker from wali mart. its a very bad, bad tool but it worked for me. You can find a on cylinder on ebay.

thanks for all the info . and by the way your bike looks good man it would be sick to get the whole frame to lay out . i cant talk though cuz mines not even ridable yet and no where near done lol

Your bike came out great! I'd love to have some high res pics for my desktop. My basement renos are nearly complete and hope to be back to building in about a week. I'm sure you're enjoying the 'new ride buzz', any thoughts on paint scheme or have you clearcoated the raw steel?

OCD said:
Your bike came out great! I'd love to have some high res pics for my desktop. My basement renos are nearly complete and hope to be back to building in about a week. I'm sure you're enjoying the 'new ride buzz', any thoughts on paint scheme or have you clearcoated the raw steel?

I'm glad to hear that you are almost done with your house. I can't wait to see some more pics of your build. i don't know what color i'm going to paint it, but i am still doing some more work on the frame. i would like to make my own fork, but i have been a bit lazy.

chopemup87 said:
thanks for all the info . and by the way your bike looks good man it would be sick to get the whole frame to lay out . i cant talk though cuz mines not even ridable yet and no where near done lol

Yeah, that would be cool.

Re: update pics 6-19-10 Rat Bike On Air

Looks good with that piece filling in behind the down tube of the frame, doesn't look so empty now. I gotta get some work done on mine, it's been sitting idle too long. I'd still love to have some hi res pics of yours for inspiration, nice job! Now you just have to decide to clear coat it or pic a colour :roll:

Re: update pics 6-19-10 Rat Bike On Air

what up ocd. sorry for not sending you some pics. I completely forgot. If I have time I will send some tomorrow. I sent kamilos a pm. I asked him if he can use his software to put paint on the frame to give me some ideas. I’ll see if he replies. i'm very happy to rid of that empty space. the frame looks complete now. i'm still wanting to make my own fork, but no idea on how to do it yet.

Every night I’ve been checking your bike build to see if there is any new progress. I’m eager to see what you are going to do on your build. Hope to see some new pics soon. see ya.

Back