dBd -- double Bar denim...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tarnished looks great with the frame and denim add ons!

Here's one of my favorite pics....poster was not for sale....up on the wall outside a local antique store:
Leejeans.jpg

Found some cool scraps. Three seem to catch my eye.

Some regular textured hide. Matches well, harder to keep clean, but wouls me the most comfy od the three.

Some center cut pattern. ( my fav so far matches well and adds a contrasting pattern.)

And some edge cut. ( a little too yellow to match). The lines are cool...

The second one looks like the best match to me but those will all be cool. Forgot about you being good with the leather. Look forward to seeing these.

The 2nd were my favorite too, matches frame and tires. Yes chad, i think the first matches the denim and may make them second.

I started on a pair from #2. Spent the morning doing rock, will be finishing the pair this afternoon

You really got some wild stuff going on , on this one . I would have never thought denim wheels . The seat look pretty cool also . Can't wait to see the finished product [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are some creative rims!
Reminds me of one of my favorite ZZ Top songs
Blue Jean Blues

You really got some wild stuff going on , on this one . I would have never thought denim wheels . The seat look pretty cool also . Can't wait to see the finished product [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks gmatt!!. Still thinking on the tank, have

The grips have been delayed with so many things going on at the house, and a lot of time at work.

Took a week off a week ago and did a lot of rock, plumbing and landscaping. Hands hurt at end of days, so didnt work the bikes. Still got more dirt to move tomorrow, but is shaping up...

Those are some creative rims!
Reminds me of one of my favorite ZZ Top songs
Blue Jean Blues

Thanks Kingfish, Thats a good song, one of my favorite zz top songs as well.

I picked up a can of scotch guard to finish off the wheels.

Got a few things left after wheels and grips. Possibly a homade styled tank...

Last edited:
So MC, sound like you changed your name again...:wink1: I just had an idea (or brain fart)...what about this for a name.... "Double In-Denim-nity" :nerd:

So MC, sound like you changed your name again...:wink1: I just had an idea (or brain fart)...what about this for a name.... "Double In-Denim-nity" :nerd:
Hehe, thats a good one. Carl helped on the last change the name from DB demon to denim

I think the last name change pegged it. And when i refer to it in conversation, i either call it the double bar, or i just say dbd.

:)nerd: Dbdbdbdbdbdb (sounds like twiggy))

Latest posts

Back