Cool side shot of a couple low ridin' Rats.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey i am building a bike much like this one now but i wanted to know if you had much trouble bottoming out on bumps and stuff?

i am thinking i will have mine sit a bit more off the ground wont be as low but i think the ground clearance is iimportant... what do you think?

Oh Yeah, it bottoms out a bit!
That's kinda the fun though....a big huge scraping sound really gets peoples attention!
For a daily rider I would definetly raise the bottom tube up an inch or so. :mrgreen:

Low-rye-der

It would be great to put some magnesium or whatever skid plates on the bottom bar and ‘engineer’ it so it flexes enough to get major grinding and a shower of sparks over minor dips and bumps!

but then it would need a little chrome steering wheel made outta chain :wink:

Yeah, I have heard Kenny's bike make some nice noises! Mine rarely bottoms out. I live in a rural area and I Baja it around my yard. Every now and then I kinda plow into something like a tree root or dirt pile! Notice the nice rust and dirt build up on the down tube. I experiment on stuff all day to run over, but I am unsuccessful on getting it to high center.

been a while...GOT NUTZ!!!!!!

OK its been a while since I've posted/updated...but kenny p and abe's sleds inspired me to create my sled. I've made some progress since I last posted about 3-4 months ago...i finally have brakes...GOT NUTZ!!!!!! :mrgreen: and you can see my 67 DABUSE in the back that will "transport" my sled
DSC02026.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

wow!!! that brake is just awsome! :shock:

does the long leverage give you more power than usual?

Latest posts

Back