Billy Jack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Billy Jack

The Point of No Return

100_0472.jpg

The diagram of the rear end

100_0473-1.jpg

the mock up done in 1.5' hardwood, to be transferred to steel.

100_0474-1.jpg

had to offset one axle to allow for lining up the axle's rear sprcket to the gearbox. One axle is 15" and the other is 12'

Might have to recofigure the wood mock up to get chain clearance on the rear axle.

I think this set up will work. Gonna have to place everything underneath the rear assembly for clearnace purposes.
That's a 36T sprocket which i don't think i'll need, just used it to max out the amount of clearance i may need. Have a 30T that should work OK.

I tool this pic and flipped it upside down to get an idea on how the chain will clear things.

100_0476_r2_r1.jpg

pepper said:
spinman said:
The Point of No Return.
My wife would kill me.
She would also make sure it hurt the entire time it was happening.
I pretty sure Spinman has it entirely under control . . . just watch what he does next! :wink:

Got the rear end assembly from the fabricator. Very impressed with his workmanship. The piece almost looks like chrome he polished it so much.

Gonna drill out the 8 bearing mounting holes this weekend and fab up the 2 vertical support pieces, then get it welded to the frame next week.

Spin

100_0487.jpg

Latest posts

Back