Billy Jack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Billy Jack

I'm gonna cut out the lower stay and weld in a 'pitchfork' style rear end like in the pic. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go with round or square tube. Square will let me span further out closest to the hubs so it'll support the axles better than the round.

Gotta put my thinkin cap on and do some pondering.

100_0445.jpg

Seeing the two tails overlapped makes me think of the bluebird. Here's some more rat style inspiration.

0705_stcp_01_z+2006_the_trike+exile_cycles.jpg

That Rat Trike is a coincindence. Seems it has the same wheels as what I'm getting.

Ameican Racing Torque Thrust Ds:

ttd.jpg

The Cragar Eliminators didn't come in 16"s so I'm going with the classic TT D's in 16X8. Tires will be Bridgestone 240/55/16 m/c tires.

I'm not gonna soring for any of this til my hub guy tells me they're all made and ready to ship.

Spin

Got the triple tree fork on. Forks are nice and fat.

100_0457-1.jpg

100_0458.jpg

Here's the Sturmey gear box and CLS shifter. I'll cut the top of the shifter off and fab up a nicer one like the B-2's.

100_0460.jpg

Still waitin' on the hub builder to finish things up, then i'll cut the back end of the bike off and get the 1.5" squere steel assembly made up.

Spin

Back