Any West Coast Chopper Bicycles Out There???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIce! what happen to the tank?

I took it off to repaint it and found I kinda like it better off. When I stand up to climb a hill, it gets in the way of my knees. Since I really dont ride it much, it will go back on after its painted. With the bars and seat the way they are, it is very comfortable to cruise around on but it is also very heavy. It must weigh close to 50 pounds.

Heavy, but that's why it rides great! Does anyone have build info on these? How many black, chrome, red? I bought a set of wheels on epay and the tires and spokes are different from the ones on mine.

No word on how many of each, until a few days ago, I thought they only came in chrome until I saw some red ones on ebay. I found mine at a garage sale for $35.00. The seat post was another 30, the bars, seat, and other accessories I put on since the picture were all leftover parts from other bike projects. Its super comfortable the way it is. i have also tried a 24 inch front wheel with a skinny tire and it looks cool but the rims dont match so I put it back.

Today I let go of my West Coast Chopper. It was heavy, it was comfortable, but I traded straight across for an old Blue Schwinn Straight bar bike. It has white wheels with blue stripes, and a funky old seat. Definitely worth more than the $35.00 I paid for the chopper and will be a rewarding retro custom job when its done.

johnpsmith said:
Today I let go of my West Coast Chopper. It was heavy, it was comfortable, but I traded straight across for an old Blue Schwinn Straight bar bike. It has white wheels with blue stripes, and a funky old seat. Definitely worth more than the $35.00 I paid for the chopper and will be a rewarding retro custom job when its done.
Did you get rid of the tank too? IF not let me know! Thanks

Sorry the tank, new seatpost, seat and original seat went with it. I did save the apes though

Latest posts

Back