Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I'm mocking up the rear wheel for fit. This is a 26" wheel and I noticed that there's not much room plus, I think the fender sits too high.

Are those citrus groves? Love power line roads too. Braaap.

They're not citrus, they are a mix of pines and other mystery trees. I don't know my trees but a lot of them are like tall weeds. Yup, these trails are fun but the quads screw them up by digging holes in them so they can ride through mud holes. I don't understand riding a quad. I always thought they were for people that are too chicken to ride a bike.

You are one KWaZY Wratter!! I like that!! Sea rats too. I did 8 years and never ate one. Maybe cuz I was a cook huh?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not citrus, they are a mix of pines and other mystery trees. I don't know my trees but a lot of them are like tall weeds. Yup, these trails are fun but the quads screw them up by digging holes in them so they can ride through mud holes. I don't understand riding a quad. I always thought they were for people that are too chicken to ride a bike.
Man, that takes me back. When I was a teenager, I had an old SL125 that was a year younger than me, and I'd spend hours out in the woods on it. The bane of my existence were the 4x4 trucks that'd tear a little mudhole into a 4-foot-deep mess.

I was always impressed with the 4x4 quads that could go through way more than my bike. Heck, I watched a neighbor kid ride his up and down the river once, kinda half-floating because of the big tires.

Well we have a cook, what the heck was that loose hamburg tomato crap they always had at breakfast? could eat my weight in those fresh rolls though

We didn't make that much. SOS everyday though. I used to bake those rolls. USS Forrestall and USS Inchon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work so far. I hate the mess of working with fiberglass, but the end result will totally be worth it.

Thanks SSG. Yeah, fiberglass is messy and itchy but it can be formed into anything you can think up.

If you don't have to deflate the tire to get it in the fit is not tight enough.

Yeah, I did some measuring and I'll definitely have to deflate the tire to fit it in. I was worried at first that I didn't plan this rear fender correctly and after it's all molded to the frame that I wouldn't have room to slide the tire on. It will just barely fit. Whew!

I have the worst bike shops around!! I swear, out of the only two bike shops in town, that everyone that works there worked at McDonalds before getting hired there. These people are idiots!!! I went in to get a new headset, I asked for a 1 inch headset and the guy said "are you sure it's a 1 inch and not a 1 1/8?" I said yes I'm 100% sure it is. After about 3 minutes of this guy trying to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about he then tells me I need to bring in my forks to make sure I get the right ones. WHAT!! I said, just sell me the part I asked for, I'm not going home to get my forks just to prove that I'm right. This a-hole out right refused to sell me a 5 dollar part because he thinks I'm wrong. And I'm not!! Needless to say, I left without any new parts. After letting this doorknob know what I think of him and his stupid bike shop I left knowing now I'm screwed for ever buying any bike parts locally. It was only 5 bucks!! If I was wrong then you'll make another 5 bucks off of me buying the correct set. Shesh! And these minimum wage douche bags think they are worth 15 bucks an hour?

Enough ranting, I gotta track down some parts and get back to building.

Latest posts

Back