☆☆"THE HUFFMAN"☆☆(UPDATE! 7-30!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆☆"THE HUFFMAN"☆☆(Update 6-3 Skyway?)

yoothgeye said:
I'm saving my money, how much will you sell this one for? :lol:

If you havent noticed yet, everything is sealed and threadless. This one will be a rider. Thats the whole purpose of this build, to be the smoothest rider possible. I'm hoping it will look cool by the time im done, but thats not my main focus :wink:

Double Nickle said:
If you havent noticed yet, everything is sealed and threadless. This one will be a rider. Thats the whole purpose of this build, to be the smoothest rider possible. I'm hoping it will look cool by the time im done, but thats not my main focus :wink:

Good, because I would've just upgraded everything to sealed and threadless when I bought it anyway. :mrgreen:

☆☆"THE HUFFMAN"☆☆(Update 6-3 Skyway?)

I was gonna run some skyways on my build. I even went as far as calling Skyway(they're right up the road in Redding, Ca)...to find out that I could not get a coaster brake (or disc brake hub) setup...so I just ran spokes on her...I cannot wait to see what the Tuff wheels look like with fat rubber on them!

Man, you've got me racking my brain on this build! Old frame, old school flavor BMX parts, new school technology, those wheels, and this for inspiration:

rat1_1Y6b_1.jpg

Give us more!!!!

yoothgeye said:
Man, you've got me racking my brain on this build! Old frame, old school flavor BMX parts, new school technology, those wheels, and this for inspiration:

rat1_1Y6b_1.jpg

Give us more!!!!

Its about the engine man, That rat rod is build with all new high performance race parts but is sitting on an old body. :D

Double Nickle said:
24 inch Skyway mags . I plan to cram a set of 24x3 whitewalls on them. Maybe Fatti-Os?

By the way those are sealed barring wheels, Smooth as butter! 8)

P6030194.jpg

Check that address , 40 minutes up the road from my house ! :wink:

I really like that box for some reason..Maybe because it says "SKYWAY" in bold letters on the side?

Re: ☆☆"THE HUFFMAN"☆☆(Vacation...)

I'm on vacation this week on St. Simons Island here in GA, but I plan to pick up some parts for the build this week here at some of the local bike shops. I will keep y'all updated every step of the way! :D

Double Nickle said:
I'm on vacation this week on St. Simons Island here in GA, but I plan to pick up some parts for the build this week here at some of the local bike shops. I will keep y'all updated every step of the way! :D

What kinda stuff are you looking for? Maybe you could bring some swap material! :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Double Nickle said:

What kinda stuff are you looking for? Maybe you could bring some swap material! :mrgreen:

I'm going to Monkey Wrench to try to find some tires and then hopefully Star Bike will have some cool stuff. Other than that i'm open to anything I find!

I had never heard of Monkey Wrench. Look what they have on their homepage.

4347f1cfa568a4f2a662300553ce5219.jpg

kingfish254 said:

Monkey wrench is my all time favorite bike shop and its here on the island. I'm going to document my trip there tomorrow! Pictures coming soon!

Found some new bars!

tn1-1.jpg

Same as on this cruiser...I had the chance to test ride it and it feels awesome! but it is $899 :(

Double Nickle said:
kingfish254 said:

Monkey wrench is my all time favorite bike shop and its here on the island. I'm going to document my trip there tomorrow! Pictures coming soon!

Re: ☆☆"THE HUFFMAN"☆☆(Vacation...We Now Have Bars!)

Love how they look chopped and squished just like your instpiration rod.

Maybe you should replicate a faux grill on them?????

I love that Sun Spider bike, but I remember it being a lot cheaper than $899, that's up in Surly price territory!

Nice bars, I'm feeling them, but will they be chrome or will the forks be un-chrome?

yoothgeye said:
I love that Sun Spider bike, but I remember it being a lot cheaper than $899, that's up in Surly price territory!

Nice bars, I'm feeling them, but will they be chrome or will the forks be un-chrome?

It had a 2 speed kickback in it!

All the bikes here are over priced because there are a lot of people who actually live on the island. A Ton of wealthy neighborhoods. Most of the bike shop's customers can easily spend $700-1000 for a good cruising bike. Everyone rides bikes everywhere down here. The bike racks have more spaces than the parking lot in most stores!

Double Nickle said:
It had a 2 speed kickback in it!

Yeah, I read up on this one, but it's supposed to be around $600, I'd trade my Sand Rover for one.

Back