☆☆"THE HUFFMAN"☆☆(UPDATE! 7-30!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hi Fellow Dudes!,

This will be my 4th go around at the RRBBO! Last years “Speed Demon” build placed second and I turned out happy with it, but one thing I learned was that I hate having a big, heavy, bulky, bike!

Most of you know that I’m big into Bmx! 90% of my time goes into racing, 9% goes into my Hutch build and I always save 1% to express my creativity into the Build off every summer! One thing I’ve learned from Bmx is that I like my bikes to be Light, Fast, and High Performance.

With that being said my build this year will probably reflect that quite a bit!

Inspiration...
rat1_1Y6b_1.jpg

This years Frame is a early 1950's Huffman! I picked it up from our member CeeBee at Ham Jam This past weekend! I call it..."The Huffman" :wink:

P4300090.jpg

P4300091.jpg

Anyone know about this emblem?

P4300093.jpg

P4300094.jpg

Possibly an alternate rack?

P4300095.jpg

P4300096.jpg

P4300097.jpg

@ yoothgeye, Remember this? If you need anything for your build you let me know!

P4300098.jpg

Re: TBA-A 1950's Huffman Build

I scratch your back you throw the competition! haha

Good to see you back here, I was starting to wonder if BMX was going to eat up that last 1% you are allowing us. If you win with just 1%, I quit! haha

As usual, you have an awesome stash of parts. You will do great again.

yoothgeye said:
I scratch your back you throw the competition! haha

Good to see you back here, I was starting to wonder if BMX was going to eat up that last 1% you are allowing us. If you win with just 1%, I quit! haha

As usual, you have an awesome stash of parts. You will do great again.

I'm here man and always will be! My roots are at RatRodBikes.com, I couldnt leave Steve and the crew for some dumb Bmx crowd!

Double Nickle said:
I'm here man and always will be! My roots are at RatRodBikes.com, I could leave Steve and the crew for some dumb Bmx crowd!

I hope you meant "couldn't" and maybe your thread should say "Passed" not "Passes."

Just call me the proof-reader.

yoothgeye said:
Double Nickle said:
I'm here man and always will be! My roots are at RatRodBikes.com, I could leave Steve and the crew for some dumb Bmx crowd!

I hope you meant "couldn't" and maybe your thread should say "Passed" not "Passes."

Just call me the proof-reader.

Its late man, I stayed up to lang waiting for this...and yes! "Couldnt"! and I just changed the title anyways :roll:

Re: ●●●●●●●"The Huffman" A Tribute to Anything Fast●●●●●●●

Please continue to change the title A LOT so that in the end nobody knows who to vote for... wait, change it to G.I.JESSE JAMES. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Please continue to change the title A LOT so that in the end nobody knows who to vote for... wait, change it to G.I.JESSE JAMES. :mrgreen:

"The Huffman" will be the name from now on. Reason being is that i've built so many bikes that all my friends at the bike shows and bike shops cant remember the names for each. This way, if I name it the Huffman and its a Huffman, It cant get confused with anything else :D

Double Nickle said:
yoothgeye said:

"The Huffman" will be the name from now on. Reason being is that i've built so many bikes that all my friends at the bike shows and bike shops cant remember the names for each. This way, if I name it the Huffman and its a Huffman, It cant get confused with anything else :D

I guess that makes sense... are you 100% sure it's not a G.I.JESSE JAMES?

yoothgeye said:
Double Nickle said:
yoothgeye said:

I guess that makes sense... are you 100% sure it's not a G.I.JESSE JAMES?

Sorry I only have 1% total to think about Rat Rods so im 0.99% sure :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding guys!

Note to self-

Chrome base on red Tuff Plastic and Thick cream with a wooden banana...

If I don't get down this idea tonight it will be gone come morning.

Plans could change. Who knows...

your bike last year was SICK! Can't see what you come up with next!

bighit said:
I have that fork, but then what would I use on my build off bike, Ohhhh!
Awe come on!

So ummm... where'd the twinflex go? :lol:

Good luck Tyler! :D I knew there was still rust flowing through your veins :p

I really liked your bike last year and looking forward to your creative edge this year.
Double Nickle said:
one thing I learned was that I hate having a big, heavy, bulky, bike!
I so agree!! I'm interested to see how your going to keep the weight down. Best of Luck

yoothgeye said:
So ummm... where'd the twinflex go? :lol:

The deal just never worked out!

But it was meant to be because the ideas I have for this bike are way better than the ones for the twinflex!

Thanks for all the good comments guys!

Latest posts

Back