RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys..:D

+a black w red pinstripe duck tail on the back to tie the 2 halves together?

Gonna be cool

Funny you should say that. I don't want this to be a fender, but early on I have been thinking of ways to add a creative brace connector between the skirt fins. Just a couple of days ago, I thought a piece of ducktail fender might be cool. I just wish I had a Aluminum cruiser fender to cut up. There is a good chance that I will have something between the fins in one or more places.

Cool! Hey, maybe I've accomplished something besides destroying a nice road bike this year..:21:

That is the fun of these build offs. Feeding off of the collective creativity during the builds.

Raised the hemline on the drip pan mockup skirts and moved the duct tape holes around.

20180616_115203.jpg
20180616_115217.jpg
20180616_115241.jpg
20180616_115326.jpg
20180616_115336.jpg

Those skirts are a real home run. One other thing to try with the holes is it looks like you could start with the next smaller large hole at the front and ad 2 smaller holes at the back.

Funny you should say that. I don't want this to be a fender, but early on I have been thinking of ways to add a creative brace connector between the skirt fins. Just a couple of days ago, I thought a piece of ducktail fender might be cool. I just wish I had a Aluminum cruiser fender to cut up. There is a good chance that I will have something between the fins in one or more places.

Must have read your mind like you read the Hobknobber's...:39:...but yeah just a piece at the back to steady the skirts. Thought black would be good to kind of balance the mass of the rockers at the front.

Like how you curved it at the seat stay so still has some of the classic skirt look. +the point at the back kind of matches the BB spike deal.

Lookin' really cool

@kingfish254 , I have a pair of stainless steel cruiser fenders in the BACK40. With some spit and shine they (or parts of they) might work for your ducktail design...

@kingfish254 , I have a pair of stainless steel cruiser fenders in the BACK40. With some spit and shine they (or parts of they) might work for your ducktail design...

Thanks OJ, but I have tons of different fenders to play with. In the end I don't think it will be a ducktail or even a portion of a fender. It may be some homemade chevron pieces. We'll see.

Do you have access to a bead roller? A beaded edge would allow the skirts to mimic the rest to the bike and might make them sturdy enough that you could completely forego any braces straddling the tire.

Last edited:
Looking good with the shortened hemline
Any chance you have a squared style fender (something like a later evans) in your stash
I think it would really match well to the flat upper bar

I have this Evans Interceptor and I can see how that might look cool. I really don't want this to be a fender, but I may try it out if the fender is wide enough of this 24x3 tire.

57045_1f3d975c116e7b389a80ea5947d0bf5a.jpg

Do you have access to a bead roller? A beaded edge would allow the skirts to mimic the rest to the bike and might make them sturdy enough that you could completely forego any braces straddling the tire.

I don't, but the pizza pan has a built in bead along the top curved edge. But it also has the lip that would be curved inward towards the tire.

I have actually been thinking about different edge trimming methods or addons. We'll see how it shakes out.

I am actually pretty sure that my final mounting will be stiff enough where I won't "NEED" any cross bracing across the tire. I was actually thinking of the cross bracing as being a stylistic touch.

77104_82d063570116cdf2f5138bb5e178dde8.jpg

Last edited:
Guess who's back?????

bluto2.jpg

I haven't had time to pull Nanner Puddin out to put the @karfer67 Mothra bars on, but I did test them on Holeshot last night. :D
It was too .... hot to work on anything today.

20180622_205601.jpg
20180622_205612.jpg
20180622_205638.jpg
20180622_205650.jpg
20180622_205724.jpg
20180622_205902.jpg

Back