RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These ladies LOVE the bars
18f605cd681fd9c872cdf196fb7e8fff.jpg

I like them. That’s one wild look from the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Kwazy Wratter!! Talk about thinking outside the box. YBJ2B!!
These ladies LOVE the bars
18f605cd681fd9c872cdf196fb7e8fff.jpg

I like them. That’s one wild look from the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Actually it turns farther than you would normally turn these chopper forks
Yep. Underslung bars are a cool thing.
ALiEN FiRE was the first bike I ever saw it done to.
But that doesn't mean I was first, just never saw it before. I did it to make the super tall apes manageable.

Carl.

Yep. Underslung bars are a cool thing.
ALiEN FiRE was the first bike I ever saw it done to.
But that doesn't mean I was first, just never saw it before. I did it to make the super tall apes manageable.

Carl.

Alien Fire pulled them off very well. Actually plenty of examples before that though. Even back in the early days of RRB.

○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ VERSUS MOTHRA UPDATE: Moved the Mothra bars back onto Holeshot and went out for a ride. They don't block steering travel at all. I could do u-turns within my lane no problem.

20180624_164057.jpg
20180624_164433.jpg
20180624_165045.jpg
20180624_165532.jpg
20180624_170209.jpg
20180624_170602.jpg
20180624_171556.jpg

I like that photo locale second from the bottom. Very 'post industrial'...and I mean POST !

The Water Meter access hole covers only 2 feet apart. Reminds me of the old Maxwell Smart saying, "Missed it by THAT much". :21:

The truck and camper combo in the last pic is intriguing. They should have painted the two lower colors the same, that would have been really cool.

I like how the Mothra bars look from the .... pit. Do you have any issues with the lower extensions getting close to your knees on tight turns? And will you use some kind of grip tape, or what do you have planned for grips?

Cool bars. They look good on the bike It's got enough fork to visually balance out those bars.

I was thinking the same as OddJob about the truck/camper combo. Matching zig-zags, why not matching paint?

I like that photo locale second from the bottom. Very 'post industrial'...and I mean POST !

The Water Meter access hole covers only 2 feet apart. Reminds me of the old Maxwell Smart saying, "Missed it by THAT much". :21:

The truck and camper combo in the last pic is intriguing. They should have painted the two lower colors the same, that would have been really cool.

I like how the Mothra bars look from the .... pit. Do you have any issues with the lower extensions getting close to your knees on tight turns? And will you use some kind of grip tape, or what do you have planned for grips?

No issues at all with the bars getting in the way at all. Not for my knees or the frame. Ridability wise, these buggers are perfect. Haven't thought about grip tape yet.

That van/camper combo was cool. Early 70s Ford Econoline Ambulance with a late 50s Shasta camper. I agree that they should have made the paint match.

Still not sure if I am a fool with these bars, but I really like them . Here is a rough idea that I had to tie them in.

20180624_162524.jpg
20180624_162502.jpg
20180624_162512.jpg

I really like the bars they follow the line of the fork so nice the way you have them setup but not a fan of the filler panel with the holes in them just seems like to much but that's just my 2cents sometimes less is cooler

I really like the bars they follow the line of the fork so nice the way you have them setup but not a fan of the filler panel with the holes in them just seems like to much but that's just my 2cents sometimes less is cooler

I am pretty sure the bars are staying at this point. I just like them too much on here. I agree about the Mothra wings. Just had to visualize them, but it's not what I want

Latest posts

Back