█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/9 Two Pair of Wings

Double Nickle said:
I will be in Savannah later this week! We are staying in St. Simons all week.

Btw the hood ornament looks familiar :wink:

Cool, if you want to go for a short ride downtown after work hours shoot me a PM.

Kinda hated to clip the 54 Chevy's wings, but they are going to a good cause!

kingfish254 said:
Double Nickle said:

Cool, if you want to go for a short ride downtown after work hours shoot me a PM.

We will be hitting up all the local bike shops, probably not doing much riding!

Double Nickle said:
kingfish254 said:
Double Nickle said:

We will be hitting up all the local bike shops, probably not doing much riding!

Bicycle Link has moved to Victory and Barnard in the past few weeks.
Is this the leather saddle you saw at Star Bike?

WP_001785.jpg

Needed to replace the springer bolt with a longer one and when I came back and put the springer assembly back I noticed the smaller wings had drooped a little, so I took a few shots to see if I liked them that way or not.

WP_001820.jpg

WP_001822.jpg

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/10 Shaken Not Stirred

I really need to get the rear struts welded up or at least mocked up again. It is getting harder to judge the flow with those big hunks of Coppertone glaring at you.

While looking at the wings and teh springer, I remember a coctail shaker that I got yard sale-ing Saturday. I may cut it down and try it as the upper partial spring cover. It is the perfect diameter at the base and flares out.

I decided to see what it would be like with the wings on the shaker.

WP_001824.jpg

WP_001825.jpg

WP_001826.jpg

WP_001827.jpg

There are always some cool parts on most RRB builds, but I don't think I have ever seen a parts list for any of the builds.

Here is my partial list so far.

1960s Chrome Spaceliner Frame and Chainguard
1940s Snyder Hawthorne BeeHive Springer Fork
1960s Murray Meteor Flite ladies rear end drops and seat stays
1960s AMF Skyrider Star Chainring
1940s dogleg crank
1954 Chevy hood ornament wings
1953 Ford jet hood ornament wings
1960s twin tube 5 speed muscle bike shifter
200x Schwin SS Sport black rims
200x Bontrager Redline Hank tires
2012 Shimano Nexus 7 hub
200x Clubman motorcycle handlebars
2012 Rat Rod Bikes 007 Headbadge
Rear suspension based on 1939 TwinFlex (not really a part, but cool re-use of old engineering)

More to come for sure!

bike2112 said:
You forgot one item on your parts list we all cherish. As Gordon Gecko would say, the most precious commodity is.....Time. Your bike is coming together great. Love the wings on the back.

Good point, but I am having WAY TOO MUCH FUN to count my time!!!!

The bike is getting there. Need to get those hunks of coppertone off.
I really like the wings too!! Stayed tuned for more on the wings.
Thanks for the compliments!!

I don't know if I will have time to work on Flexy tonight, but I have a plan to incorporate a spaceship into my Spaceliner. We'll see how it shakes out.

Marvin2000.jpg

I thought space travel was your intention this entire time. I looked back through your thread and couldn't find where you mentioned it so it must just be the look of your bike. Not only does your bike look really cool, looking at it makes one want to ride it. Nice work.

kingfish254 said:
I don't know if I will have time to work on Flexy tonight, but I have a plan to incorporate a spaceship into my Spaceliner. We'll see how it shakes out.

Marvin2000.jpg

I LOVE what you are doing with the wings and I LOVE Marvin! The Rack supports look like they were made to go on your rearend...wait...I mean the back of your bike. AWESOME BUILD!

Ape Stanger said:
I thought space travel was your intention this entire time. I looked back through your thread and couldn't find where you mentioned it so it must just be the look of your bike.

It hasn't been on my mind at all until just recently when I was considering the wings. It just fits the old Space Age era that the Spaceliners were a part of though.

Ape Stanger said:
Not only does your bike look really cool, looking at it makes one want to ride it. Nice work.

Now that is one of the coolest compliments a build can get!!!!! Thanks dude.

This is gonna be a rider for sure. If you are ever in Savannah, you can get your turn on it.

Joker-n-Jack said:
I LOVE what you are doing with the wings and I LOVE Marvin! The Rack supports look like they were made to go on your rearend...wait...I mean the back of your bike. AWESOME BUILD!

I think the wings are pretty cool too. I don't actually have the little Marvin rocket, but I plan on making my own rocket.
Not quite sure if the rack will make the cut or not. We'll see.
Thanks for the compliments man.
And I feel HONORED getting the Golden Groundhog!!!!!! That is way cool!!!!!!!!!! 8)

I just had a flashback moment.
The finned wing eagle hood ornament that I cut up came from a 54 Chevy.
Well, I just remembered that one of the first hot rod models that I actually customized with other model parts was a 54 Chevy Highboy just like this one.
Guess I am reliving my childhood. But of course, my wife keeps telling me to grow up.

54chevyhighboy-h-1375.jpg

I know you probably don't want to go drilling holes in that awesome frame, but if you did you could drill and thread your wings and bolt them on. Maybe custom cut black rubber gaskets as well.

Ah ha! that model gave me an idea for my 32 ford grille head badge. Guess I'll be looking for a die cast 32 ford model car now. :D

Ape Stanger said:
I know you probably don't want to go drilling holes in that awesome frame, but if you did you could drill and thread your wings and bolt them on. Maybe custom cut black rubber gaskets as well.

I thought about that too. For the bigger finned wings, I will probably go that route since they will be attached at the original droputs. One of the screws could go through the dropout and I can drill a second hole for the front screw.

Stay tuned for more on the smaller wings. 8)

Ape Stanger said:
Ah ha! that model gave me an idea for my 32 ford grille head badge. Guess I'll be looking for a die cast 32 ford model car now. :D

I like your thinkin'!!!!

Here is what that hood ornament looked like on the 54 Chevy's

615908794_dcd67131d0_z.jpg

Love what your doing with this bike Kingfish! The frame is so cool and the idea with the shaker with the wings is just genius! Keep up the great work dude :D

Back