█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/7 Wings + New Spring

raggedjim said:
I think I'm preaching to the choir, you are the least unafraid person to try something on a bike that I know!

That is a skill/flaw that I will unashamedly own up to!!!!

Just look at BEER RUN and Fugsley (skateboard, water ski, flashing cold beer sign, harley tires, Kenny!!! :p )

Who knows? I might even put a bunny on my bike!!! :p

kingfish254 said:
raggedjim said:
I think I'm preaching to the choir, you are the least unafraid person to try something on a bike that I know!

That is a skill/flaw that I will unashamedly own up to!!!!

Just look at BEER RUN and Fugsley (skateboard, water ski, flashing cold beer sign, harley tires, Kenny!!! :p )

Who knows? I might even put a bunny on my bike!!! :p

Now that would be just plain stupid! :roll:

Not if it has wings or springs!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Not if it has wings or spings!!!!!

I like this one :mrgreen:

flying+rabbit.jpg

Now I gotta find the right spring for him too!!!!

Here is another option I have if I use a patina'ed can to cover the upper portion of the spring.
I could mount this old bike tag on it.

temporary-11-3.jpg

kingfish254 said:

Here is my rear suspension spring. Yooth pointed out that maybe it looked too new. Then Peat suggested covering it shiny chrome cover or jokingly a Vienna Sausage can. At first I laughed, but then realized that it would be about the right size.

So today I measured and then bought a can.

WP_001784.jpg

Actually pretty good for shop food. At least the first couple. But a bit much to eat all of them at once. :eek: BURP!

Drill a 3/8" hole in the bottom and installed it.

WP_001789.jpg

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/9 !! Vie-Een-Errs !!!

I bet I am the first RRBer to use Vie-Een-Errs on there build off bike!!!!!

Kinda ugly but the scale of it is perfect for what I was thinking about.
I didn't want to completely cover he spring for both aesthetic and functional reasons.

WP_001791.jpg

While I was eating the Vie-Een-Errs, I noticed the the sides of the can had ribs. Once I peeled away the label I could see that these really give a cool look to the spring cover.

WP_001794.jpg

WP_001793.jpg

WP_001795.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate an "RC anna Moon Pie" into my build.

ONCE AGAIN SIMPLY BY TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING SOME CRACKPOT GETS AN INGENIOUS IDEA!! :mrgreen: HAHAHA BEFORE YOU EVEN REMOVED THE LABLE I KNEW HOW IT WOULD LOOK. BRAVO !! WHATS NEXT USE THEM FOR SPEEDOMETERS OR LIGHTS...LATER I GOTTA RUN TO THE STORE :idea: PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
WHATS NEXT USE THEM FOR SPEEDOMETERS OR LIGHTS...LATER I GOTTA RUN TO THE STORE :idea: PEACE

Funny today I've been working on a light using basically the same can. Only mine contained chiles not wieners. I didn't eat all the chiles though. Made salsa.

You better watch coming up with cool ideas like that kingfish, we might start seeing them on wm bikes :lol:

dragnusa said:
You better watch coming up with cool ideas like that kingfish, we might start seeing them on wm bikes :lol:

I heard that someone saw a 32" Genesis Vie-Een-Err at wally world the other day.

Yootheye has two pages on you, man !!! I'll , I liked the curvy bike frame rear end better , but it looks like function beats out looks ???, its still early. I am really enjoying this build keep up the good work!!!

socratesjpt said:
Yootheye has two pages on you, man !!! I'll , I liked the curvy bike frame rear end better , but it looks like function beats out looks ???, its still early. I am really enjoying this build keep up the good work!!!

Pages, I don't need no stinkin' pages!!!!

LOL, Those angle iron bars ain't staying!!!!!
They are just there as a test bed to get the right spring and lengths figured out before I weld the curvy MeteorFlight rear arms back on.
Don't worry, I will have LOOKS and FUNCTION!!!!
Just gettin' it's Flexy on right now, then comes the Nexy, and when you put it all together you get SEXY!!!!

Speaking of Sexy, I need to show some other work I did today.

Yeh, I love those can lights, but not the vice I am going for here. More on that at a later date.

tanksalot said:
Thats nuts what a great idea ! :D

Thanks tanks
I'll probably mod it some, but it's pretty close as is.

aka_locojoe said:
Jake Sensi said:
WHATS NEXT USE THEM FOR SPEEDOMETERS OR LIGHTS...LATER I GOTTA RUN TO THE STORE :idea: PEACE

Funny today I've been working on a light using basically the same can. Only mine contained chiles not wieners. I didn't eat all the chiles though. Made salsa.

Cool, I'll have to look at that.

Jake Sensi said:
ONCE AGAIN SIMPLY BY TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING SOME CRACKPOT GETS AN INGENIOUS IDEA!! :mrgreen: HAHAHA BEFORE YOU EVEN REMOVED THE LABLE I KNEW HOW IT WOULD LOOK. BRAVO !! WHATS NEXT USE THEM FOR SPEEDOMETERS OR LIGHTS...LATER I GOTTA RUN TO THE STORE :idea: PEACE

Jake, Being a crackpot comes naturally for me!!

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/9 Stars + Rack

Mocked up the Star chainring I am going to use with a dogleg crank.

WP_001798.jpg

WP_001797.jpg

Then I saw the Spaceline rack that I have and decided to mock it a bit. Not sure if I will use it or not. I love these racks, but just have to make sure it works and looks well with Flexy.

WP_001799.jpg

WP_001800.jpg

These have those wacky bends on the rack support, so I tried flipping them where the bends were on the down arms instead of the rack side. Cool thing about this is the arms go around the rear suspension arms. If I used this I can attach it to the spring bolt bracket and the original stationary dropouts.

WP_001804.jpg

WP_001802.jpg

Back