█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:113:
5ab51446-1fe4-11e0-b458-00144feab49a.img

:rofl:

I bow down this is way too kool

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Adam!!! I'm pretty pumped about the beehive girvin too. It's finally working in my head. You need to jump in the build off!!!

I know my shop looks like that, but I hope that you don't think that starsNbars is starting to look that way. I'm never afraid to try anything on a build, but that isn't what I am shooting for with this build.

That guy definitely channeled his inner doodad though and I bet he always had a smile on his face riding down the road! :D

Last edited:
I know my shop looks like that, but I hope that you don't think that starsNbars is starting to look that way. I'm never afraid to try anything on a build, but that isn't what I am shooting for with this build.

That guy definitely channeled his inner doodad though and I bet he always had a smile on his face riding down the road! :D
Some great doodads on the bike,looks like the dude had access to a old junkyard.Sort of reminds of, ET phone home bike...:android: It's up 4 sale...
Nah! maybe your doodad fetish is in the past.;)

I'm all for doodads and doobie-whackers and there will be some on starsNbars, just not as many as I had on BEER RUN or Flexy. :banana:
I'll never be a doo-don'ter (or is it a don't-dadder?)

Cool, but not for starsNbars. I actually won't have any blue on the bike. It's more a red white and rust theme. Not going for a Bicentennial, Captain America, or 4th of July Parade Bike look on this one.

Cool, but not for starsNbars. I actually won't have any blue on the bike. It's more a red white and rust theme. Not going for a Bicentennial, Captain America, or 4th of July Parade Bike look on this one.
Actually someone is doing a captain america theme....I forgot NO blue...:banghead:

Actually someone is doing a captain america theme....I forgot NO blue...:banghead:

And tanksalot has a bicentennial build going on too.

Cut the nanner tonight
WP_20140620_17_53_32_Pro.jpg

Bolted it to the inside of the forks and then drilled a hole and bolted the beehive springer to it.
WP_20140620_19_33_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20140620_19_34_05_Pro.jpg

Put the wheel on and bolted up the springer arms
WP_20140620_19_36_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20140620_19_37_55_Pro.jpg

Had to take it out in Queenfish's garden to see what the fish thought about it.
WP_20140620_19_48_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20140620_19_49_40_Pro.jpg
WP_20140620_19_50_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20140620_19_49_59_Pro (1024x703).jpg
WP_20140620_19_50_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20140620_19_51_16_Pro (1024x602).jpg
WP_20140620_19_53_44_Pro (1024x545).jpg

After getting thier approval, I decided to test out a smaller light that I have.
WP_20140620_19_58_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20140620_19_58_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20140620_19_59_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20140620_19_58_52_Pro (1024x626).jpg
WP_20140620_20_00_02_Pro.jpg

I love the look of the spring mount, but something is bugging me about it, maybe because it is pointing up at an angle instead of level, the problem with going level would be that the spring wont fit flat on top though... :39:

Luke.

I love the look of the spring mount, but something is bugging me about it, maybe because it is pointing up at an angle instead of level, the problem with going level would be that the spring wont fit flat on top though... :39:

Luke.

This was my exact though. First I thought "Genius!" Then I thought it looks odd at that angle. Not sure how you could work around it by making it look more parallel to the ground, but it might be worth trying?

Last edited:
I absolutely love that nanner seat spring perch! But I feel my ocd setting off looking at that angleo_O Im blanking on ideas, but Im sure you'll figure it out:thumbsup:

Luke.

This was my exact though. First I thought "Genius!" Then I thought it looks odd at that angle. Not sure how you could work around it by making it look more parallel to the ground, but it might be worth trying?

Same impression here. One possibility would be to pie cut the sides and roll the nose down and then trim the sides with something to cover the pie cuts. Just a thought.

I absolutely love that nanner seat spring perch! But I feel my ocd setting off looking at that angleo_O Im blanking on ideas, but Im sure you'll figure it out:thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I welcome the comments. I'll think through a few different options. There are a few factors involved. There are only a couple of mounting locations that don't interfere with the lower pivot point. Also I am not sure I like the idea of the spring twisted at an angle, but it should be pretty easy to test mounting it above the pivot which would make it flat, but I'm sold that that is going to be right overall.

The pie cut and curve method could work, but may look forced.

I'll look at it more tomorrow, but I think it is possibly less the angle and more the fact that it sticks out so far beyond the beehive at that angle. Shortening the nose may be the answer. Another option could be embedding the light into the nose so that it is shortens it and fills in some of the gap between the tip and the tire.

Last edited:
Back