█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redid the spacers and nuts on my front wheel and added these as my faux rocker beehive springer arm braces.
View attachment 3927

View attachment 3928 View attachment 3929

looking awesome bro !!
Seeing @flyingmachine 's grips, it reminded me that I had these yard sale shishkabob skewers. The handle springs may become accent springs.
View attachment 3930

Took starsNbars into Queenfish's garden and tried the accent springs midway
View attachment 3931 View attachment 3932

And down low. If I use them, I like them down low much better.
View attachment 3933
View attachment 3934 View attachment 3935 View attachment 3936

Springs always good, the lower position does look best

Thanks guys. I am happy with the springer direction.
After looking at the pics some more, I don't think I am going to use the headlight mounted in front of the beehive. Without a fender that just looks to visually unbalanced having the light stick out so far in front of the bike.

Keep the Beehive, springs in lower position and don't use the chain ring as it really doesn't fit this build.

I agree on all three points. I don't know why I keep trying that chainring.

Maybe because I used one and it looks killer on my build...

That must be it, but I can't find it on your build. Is it the headlight bracket.

Way to go B!! Go get em You Kwazy Wratter!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Have you thought about bolting something on to the lower holes on the "rockers" maybe even some matching reflectors if you do end up going that way?
Not that it does not look good as is, just gives an opportunity for experimentation...

Luke.

Have you thought about bolting something on to the lower holes on the "rockers" maybe even some matching reflectors if you do end up going that way?
Not that it does not look good as is, just gives an opportunity for experimentation...

Luke.

I did try one item and felt like it was distraction. I'll either leave the hole or just put a nut and matching acorn nut.

I still haven't come up with a support that I like that goes under the beehive spring itself. But I think I know what will give me the shape I need. The front end of a nanner seat. I hate to cut up a good nanner, so I am checking with a local junk bike seller and also put a want ad here on RRB. If you have a trashed nanner seat pan, let me know.

EDIT: I found a nanner pan locally.

Last edited:
Is that Aussie-Greek for Doodad? :D
Actually Doobie-wackers, aussie old age can't remember what they are called thingy's.... yep:thumbsup: Will have you speakin Aussie in no time mate,no worries....

Partially stripped down the nanner seat pan to get a feel as to whether it will work for the beehive support.
WP_20140617_18_30_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20140617_18_30_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20140617_18_30_41_Pro.jpg

Back