ATOMIC PUNK - New camera time - August 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Let there be light!!! - July 13

Still so much to do and time is running out :shock: .........just hope I can get everything done before the deadline. I will make the deadline, just not sure if I'll get all the detailing done that I'd like.

The tail light is done and ready to be bolted on. I test fitted the internal light and marked and drilled a hole to line up with the switch.....just needs a key or small screwdriver to switch it on.

Here's some pics. Played around with the editing stuff on Photobucket on the last pic.

DSCF2862-1.jpg

DSCF2864-1.jpg

DSCF2866-1.jpg

DSCF2867-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Let there be light!!! - July 13

Maybe the hottest light in the build off!!!!
So cool!!!!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Light fitted and Logo sanded - July 14

Nothing too exciting done today. Got the tail light mount made and welded on, and the rest of the logos sanded off the tires. I should have the headlight finished and mount made tomorrow. Gotta wait for the rain to stop so I can strip, sand and clear coat the frame.

DSCF2873-1.jpg

DSCF2880-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Wired!! - July 15

I did some wiring today and got the headlight sorted :D . Have to pull it apart now to strip the paint and flaky chrome and give it a clear coat. I'm hoping the weather here will fine up so I get the frame stripped and clear coated, then give it some hardening time before I start putting it back together.

DSCF2884-1.jpg

DSCF2888-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Mmmm : ( - July 19

I dig this bike so much! Love the placement of the "A" and the taillight...I am going to start searching for old microphones now...

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Seat done!! - July 21

I got the seat recovered. Very happy with how it turned out................it was banged up before, and had the WCC logo on it.

DSCF2917-1.jpg

DSCF2913-1.jpg

DSCF2914-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Seat done!! - July 21

Sharp seat work!!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Seat pan welding stuff - July 22

I finally got around to making a cover plate for behind the seat post to the brake bridge.........it will hide the green LED strip, battery box and wiring. Also made a new steel seat pan and welded it on as well as a brace to stop it flexing. Still have to clean up the weld spatter.........forgot to spray the anti-spatter on first :oops: . I'll quickly put it together this afternoon to double ckeck everything, then hopefully get the paint stripped.

DSCF2919-1.jpg

DSCF2920-1.jpg

DSCF2922-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Seat pan welding stuff - July 22

fits perfect 8) :mrgreen:

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Quick throw together before paint - July 22

I don't get on here as much as I'd like to check out other bikes in the build-off and respond to posters on this thread, but I do really appreciate all the positive words :D :D .

With so much happening at work, as well as doing formal studies in Music Theory, I find it hard to get motivated to work on this bike at times, but getting on the site to check out what everone else is doing always gives my level of enthusiasm a boost.

I quickly mocked up the bike this afternoon to check on a few measurements and work out where to cut the fork tubes, and took a quick pic of it...........it's stripped back to the bare frame again for paint stripping and clear coating. I'm going to run out of time to give the frame a good clean up and polish, so it's going to have a wire brush and scotchbrite disc finish before the clear coat.

DSCF2924-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Quick throw together - July 22

Man that frame just flows!
Looking sharp!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Quick throw together - July 22

Man that's a sharp bike :shock:

I love it 8) 8)

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Stripped!! - July 24

I got the frame stripped today.........now just have to run the wire wheel over it and lay on a couple of cans of clear......I'd better hurry and GTB!!

Stripper on
DSCF2931-1.jpg

Stripper off
DSCF2934-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back