ATOMIC PUNK - New camera time - August 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Mmmm : ( - July 19

Joker-n-Jack said:
I dig this bike so much! Love the placement of the "A" and the taillight...I am going to start searching for old microphones now...

kingfish254 said:
Man that frame just flows!
Looking sharp!

Circa Cycles said:
Man that's a sharp bike :shock:

I love it 8) 8)

Thanks guys :D

I just temporarily fitted the fork and wheels to get an idea of how it's gonna look bare metal ............... :D :D :D
The tank plates and alloy cover I had planned for the upper shock mount won't get done due to running out of time, but I'm going to make up a quick tank "enhancement" which will hopefully look OK.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Slowly getting there - July 26

No pics, but got the springer pulled down and gave it a sand and coat of clear today, and started wire wheeling the frame.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Frame Clear Coated!! - July 27

I spent about 2 hours with the wire wheel and some emory tape this morning and got the frame cleaned up, then bombed it with 3 quick coats of clear. I had to do it at work because it was very windy today and I couldn't use my normal spray booth (the back yard)...........anyway, left the camera at home, so no new pics until tomorrow.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Frame Clear Coated!!! - July 27

Aaaargh.........just realized I've been on page 13 for over a week..........help me out please.....I'm superstitious :shock:

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Frame Clear Coated!!! - July 27

Let's see the pics!!!!!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - New Frame Pics - July 29

Went up to work this morning and picked up the frame after letting the clear dry. Very happy with the result :D .........turned out just as I had hoped. The metal around the tank area is much thinner than the frame tubes, so some areas turned a darker color and slightly blue with the heat from the wire wheel. Nice and shiny without a buff even, so should really pop once I give it a bit of a buff.
I should have most of it back together today except for the chain, so will get the finished photos up during the week.

DSCF2951-1.jpg

DSCF2950-1.jpg

I have been too busy building lately and have sworn off any further bunny saves.

This bad boy is gonna be on bad mamma jamma!!!!

bean said:
deorman said:
Hmm, 7/29 post on 7/28. :? You got a flux capacitor on that thing, or what? :p

Nope........it's the 29th on my side of the world :D

I keep on forgetting your down under. There is less international presence this year than last. I think the only Euro rep is Junkme and she is an Aussie living in Greece.

Send me some Crunchies when your finished with your build!!!!

bike is coming out killer! :mrgreen: i built up one of those frames about 4-1/2 yrs ago,and it fought me the whole way.between the dings on the tank section from the welds and the frame being out of plumb,it angered me enough to pop on a new firebike frame. keep up the great work! :D

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - New Pics - July 29

kingfish254 said:
Send me some Crunchies when your finished with your build!!!!

No worries :D .........Have you tried Violet Crumble? Similar to a Crunchie, but the honeycomb is a little bit harder.
Maybe we can do a trade for some Zatarains (or similar) Gumbo and Jambalaya mix.

texasbigjon said:
bike is coming out killer! :mrgreen: i built up one of those frames about 4-1/2 yrs ago,and it fought me the whole way.between the dings on the tank section from the welds and the frame being out of plumb,it angered me enough to pop on a new firebike frame. keep up the great work! :D

Thanks texasbigjohn.......I love your Firebike framed bike. Yeah, there is a serious lack of quality control on these frames, and the seat and chainstays use mega thin tubing :shock: .......no wonder I've seen lots of bent ones on here :( .

I got the green LED wired up and fitted, and started putting the bike back together tonight.

Wired up
DSCF2953-1.jpg

In position
DSCF2957-1.jpg

All hidden except for the switch
DSCF2961-1.jpg

Sneak Peek
DSCF2962-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - More New Pics - July 29

MAN, Its gonna cost someone some $$$ to send the prize pot to you when you win this thing! VERY slick looking bike, how much do you want for it? I'd drive to wherever you are to pick it up. but seriously, I think we have a winner.congratulations on a cooool bike.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - We have a Rider!!! - July 31

I sanded the headlight and gave it 4 coats of clear today, then put it back together and fitted it. Also fitted the BB, cranks and chain, so decided to take it for a quick ride around the block tonight. Rides good :D :D ........just gotta be careful of my butt on the rear tire :oops:

Just have a few details to tidy up :wink: and fit the Flying A. I probably won't get pictures until Sunday, as it's our annual swap meet on Saturday, so will be there Friday night and all day Saturday.......hope it doesn't rain on Sunday :shock:

DSCF2983-1.jpg

DSCF2980-1.jpg

DSCF2982-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - We have a Rider!!! - July 31

Looking really great man!
I think it would be cool to fix a large motorcycle headlight on top of those forks, that would look killer.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Done!!! - August 1

I'm calling it done :D .

I replaced a few bolts and fitted the fork tube plugs, and screwed on the Flying A. I got a friend to make me a couple of stickers for the tank today..........they look a lot brighter under the the flash than they really are. Just have to take some good pics in the daylight and a couple of night time pics of the tail light and LED.

DSCF2988-1.jpg

DSCF2989-1.jpg

DSCF2992-1.jpg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Done!!! - August 1

Love the lettering.

All you need now is a Geiger counter speedo.

Latest posts

Back