1941 OCC Schwinn DX Hybrid "Generation Gap"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you still want to run 24x3 on the front, you can try to find a razor rebellion and snatch it's front forks. 3 and 5/8" clearance. the only issue would be that it has press fit bearings instead of bearing cups. so you'd have to make sure they fit or find the correct size bearing.

josh_from_ga said:
if you still want to run 24x3 on the front, you can try to find a razor rebellion and snatch it's front forks. 3 and 5/8" clearance. the only issue would be that it has press fit bearings instead of bearing cups. so you'd have to make sure they fit or find the correct size bearing.
its rolling the 24x3 now ,seems fine but its close lol

Finally starting to get the look and stance Ive been wanting.
DX tank ready.
41dx016.jpg

welded up a layback and found the right color seat that fits right.
41dx015.jpg

coming together now
41dx014.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Finally starting to get the look and stance Ive been wanting.
DX tank ready.
41dx016.jpg

welded up a layback and found the right color seat that fits right.
41dx015.jpg

coming together now
41dx014.jpg
there you go i think u got it going on looks sweet tank helps a lot :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That tank is wicked!!!

started deburring some of the bad dings on the clamps,not goint to sweat the small stuff.
41dx021.jpg

Thumbs up to S-K mini files,tough as nails and good for small stuff!
41dx020.jpg

a little sanding and the belt and roloc work this cheap metal over fast-heck sanding is enough
41dx028.jpg

41dx026.jpg

41dx024.jpg

41dx023.jpg

This is crude but it worked to gain a little tire clearance.One solid smack at a time and it worked well.
Truth is I could have passed on this step because the tire cleared by an 1/8th .
41dx029.jpg

left nice small clearance (dents) should look fine.I know they look a little rough in the pics but I reassebled it and lined it all up and it was barely noticable.
41dx031.jpg

41dx030.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Its painted!! Ill have pics when the wife gets home from her Relay for Life meeting.
Its my first gun paint job in almost 20 years,Im very happy with it.

hang tight schwinnray hang tight lol
hurry up on da pic allready :D :D

Latest posts

Back