Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tborner

Last minute entry - Name Undecided

Well after working for a while, I've realized that this frame requires a massive seat post clamp. I don't have any in this size. Do you guys have any idea how to remedy this? If I can't fix this, I won't be able to make the deadline. :x I can't get pictures to work either :x :x :x
  2. Tborner

Last minute entry - Name Undecided

Hey guys!I haven't been on in a few weeks, and when I logged on, I noticed that the build-off ends tomorrow! So this is my last minute entry. I have a Hawthorne Duralium frame, and I want to build a racing style bike with it. I haven't decided a name, but I'll figure that out soon. I want to add...
  3. Tborner

Fisch's twin rear caliper '69 Spyder project!

Nice Teiscos! I have a Teisco violin base, and a few Teisco guitars, but yours are much nicer! Really like the one in the center, Who makes it? Oh, nice bike, too :lol:.
  4. Tborner

my pre-war schwinn paramount track bike

Cool bike! I love Paramounts!
  5. Tborner

Scwhinn "Henderson" Bikes... Tell me all you know! UPDATE!!!

Re: Scwhinn "Henderson" Bikes... Tell me all you know! I believe Henderson was a motorcycle company that Schwinn owned, and they used the name on bicycles also.
  6. Tborner

'51 Traveler

So cool! I wish I could find something like that. I just find a ton of muscle bikes :cry: :( :| :) :D
  7. Tborner

Flea Market Elgin!

I got down to the flea market late today, and I didn't think that I would find anything, but I was wrong!This guy had a girls Elgin for $50 :shock: . I couldn't pass it up! I'm pretty sure it was repainted, but it looks really nice. The tires are even really old, and only have a little bit of...
  8. Tborner

Mystery Roadbike & 5speed Hawthorne

I didn't even see the wing nuts. Huret made wing nuts like that, and I think there were Japanese and British companies making them, too. If you want to part it out (or sell the whole thing), I may be interested.
  9. Tborner

The slight-weight

Yep, it's a JC Penny's bike! I haven't noticed the frame flexing :shock: :lol: , but I'll look out for it when I ride next.
  10. Tborner

The slight-weight

Thanks for the comments, guys! I rode it about 12 miles right after I finished it, and it rides great! I still have to shine up the chrome. The rims are pretty rusty, but they may shine up a little.
  11. Tborner

Mystery Roadbike & 5speed Hawthorne

That road bike is SWEET! Are there any good parts on it?
  12. Tborner

The slight-weight

This bike was a project bike I was working on back in February, but it slowly sunk into the endless pit in the back of the garage, and parts for it were taken for other things. But over the weekend, I pulled the frame out and shot a quick rattle-can paint job (flat black, of course 8) ), and I...
  13. Tborner

Viva Las Vegas 13 pics! Bikes, Babes, Bands, Rodz & Ratz!

That looks AMAZING! If only I was a little closer. :lol:
  14. Tborner

'52 Schwinn Spitfire/correction,'58 HORNET

Re: '52 Schwinn Spitfire/correction, HORNET Looks just like mine (even the same color), but yours is a tiny bit nicer than mine :lol:
  15. Tborner

NEW RRB EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Looks good!
  16. Tborner

O O O P S... SORRY MR. KOTA

I think spinman did the same thing. He gave me a neutral, then a positive. :lol: No big deal.
  17. Tborner

IM NOT JUST A GUEST ANYMORE

Greeting, fellow western Pennsylvanian! 8)
  18. Tborner

Need help identifying this muscle bike! Lots of pics

looks like an AMF frame. Here is my Renegade deluxe that I sold about a year ago :x (which I regret). I believe that mine had a red band Bendix also. Yours has a lot of different parts than mine. Maybe those parts were swapped onto it, or it is a different model or year than mine. That lime...
  19. Tborner

Schwinn Sidewinder

I saw that on CL. That thing is sweet!
  20. Tborner

1962 Raleigh Gran Sport-Value?

:shock: I WANT IT!
Back