Need help identifying this muscle bike! Lots of pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at an estate auction in Devils Lake, ND yesterday. Paid $7 in hopes that I can strip it down, repaint and rechrome this thing and make a fun little rider. I'd like to know what brand/model this is before I get started. All I know from the gentleman that consigned it was that it's been sitting in a pole barn for the last 20 years or so. It's got a rear Bendix coaster brake and a Carlisle front tire. The entire bike was been poorly "repainted" red, underneath the bike I can see the original lime green paint. There also looks to be a serial number on the rear dropout - I can take a closer look tonight. On with the pics!

IMG_2640.jpg

Head badge has been painted over and I can't make out what's left of it
IMG_2642.jpg

Three stripe design on the chainguard behind all that paint
IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Red stripe on the hub looks to be original
IMG_2653.jpg

There's a serial number on the dropout that starts with an 'L'
IMG_2654.jpg

Here you can see some of the original paint underneath
IMG_2655.jpg

A better look at the chainguard
IMG_2636.jpg

looks like an AMF frame. Here is my Renegade deluxe that I sold about a year ago :x (which I regret).
4472163654_d803b40b65_b.jpg

I believe that mine had a red band Bendix also. Yours has a lot of different parts than mine. Maybe those parts were swapped onto it, or it is a different model or year than mine.
That lime green looks like a cool color! 8)

I don't know what it is, but it looks pretty cool. I've had really good luck using liquid varnish remover to remove spray paint without harming the original finish. It's time consuming so if you're going to repaint the bike anyway I would use regular aircraft stripper, but you could use the varnish remover to do the chainguard to see what it was.

Back