Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. D

-ROLAND-

Beautiful bike! You must have stayed awake many nights to come up with all the ideas in this package! Good luck!
  2. D

new Roadmaster skip tooth

I just bought one of these on ebay for 10 bucks only mine is a repaint. I am going to switch all the parts over to a pre war Mens frame. Any idea what year these are?
  3. D

Shifter

I just changed the shift knob on my bendix shifter from the standard black to a red 3 miniture billard ball. It looks great but i'm not sure if it will hold up to use. I tried to heat the shaft with a heat gun and slide the knob off but it didn't work. I ended up cutting through the knob with a...
  4. D

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE Electra Rat Rod with custom mods
  5. D

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE Shelby Flyer with custom squared fenders and chain guard
  6. D

Shifter

I plucked it off a three speed that I parted out. No telling what brand it was but it was either scratched and rusted beyond help or it could have been a ladies model. It most cetainly had either a sturmey archer or a 333 (early shimano) set up. Definitely try to keep sharp bends out of the...
  7. D

Shifter

I made a few other mods as well! i changed the stock seat with a Brooks mattress saddle, changed the front forks to a springer, did away with the moon handlebar and went with a nice "North road" pullback, traded all the fender bolts for rivet screws,changed the padded grips to a stylish hard...
  8. D

Shifter

[/img]
  9. D

Shifter

The only drawback that I have experienced is that the shift pattern is backwards because the hub operates in reverse of sturmey archer hubs and the old shimano hubs. I can't figure out how to post pictures here. any help, please?
  10. D

recovering persons or lobdell seats

I'm sure this must have been covered before, here! Is recovering these seats something that is easy to do correctly, or should I take it to a shop to be done with special tools? They will be ridden, not just looked at. Thanks!
  11. D

Bent Steerer tube repair advice

The bumper jack method is VERY IMPRESSIVE! No need to fear doing this as the steel forks are extremely forgiving. I take them to my bike shop guy who has been fixing bikes for 35 years. He has the tools to do it right and jumps at the chance to use them! Many shops wont touch them anymore on...
  12. D

Shifter

I just mounted a short version of the bendix on my Electra Ratrod and it was a breeze! I mounted the shifter on the lower bar, mounted an old three speed nylon/steel housing clamp further back, and then ran the index housing the rest of the way back to the nexus hub. It looks cool and doesn't...
Back