Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. IB57

SOLD 1946/47 Schwinn DX

I'm offering up my 1946/47 Schwinn DX serial number B79457. I've owned this bike for about 15 years and have only ridden it a handful of times. The guy I purchased it from told me it was all original except the tires and seat... I believe it's also original paint but i don't know for sure. The...
  2. IB57

62 Schwinn Typhoon BMX cruiser

I've decided to let this one go. I built this bike a couple years ago and have ridden it very sparingly, it probably has about 10 miles on it. It's a 1962 Schwinn Typhoon Twin-bar frame, this frame was only built for 1 year. The bike was originally black but the paint was in bad shape so I went...
  3. IB57

SOLD 1950's? Hiawatha

I've got a nice old Hiawatha for sale. I got this bike in a trade from Tin Machine about 4 years ago, I believe he built it as a Build Off bike under the name "Crazy Horse". I've made a couple changes and had some fun with it but it's time to let it go. Not sure of the year but I believe it's an...
  4. IB57

62 Schwinn Typhoon

I picked up a 1962 Schwinn that needed a lot of help. I had a bunch BMX parts that I was going to use for another build but I like the 62 Typhoon frames so much that I decided to use them to make this cruiser. The bike was originally black but the paint was in bad shape so I went with gold, blue...
  5. IB57

62 Schwinn Typhoon

I picked up a 1962 Schwinn that needed a lot of help. I had a bunch BMX parts that I was going to use for another build but I like the 62 Typhoon frames so much that I decided to use them to make this cruiser. The bike was originally black but the paint was in bad shape so I went with gold, blue...
  6. IB57

Kona Wo

Just picked up this new Kona Wo fat bike. I've had my eye on fat bikes for a couple years but I haven't decided to get one until now. I really like the bike so far but it's definitely a lot of bike to haul around. It ways just about 35lbs which seems to be fairly common for a fat bike in it's...
  7. IB57

What is this?

I found this bike locally and I'm not sure what it is. Kinda looks like a Columbia FT9 but not exactly. The guy that has it for sale said it from 1932 but I think he's off. It's been pieced together with some BMX Cruiser parts and had hand brakes added along with a bunch of other odds and...
  8. IB57

Elgin BMX Cruiser

This is my second build off and I'm excited to be back in. I definitely need to come up with a better name but maybe that will come together as I get this build going. I'm going with a 1920's Elgin and the idea is to build it into a BMX Cruiser. I think I'm going to paint the frame white and...
  9. IB57

New Klunker...sort of

Just picked this new Trek Sawyer up today. :D I've wanted one since the first time I saw it. I really like the lines of the frame. It's my first 29er and I'm really liking it so far. I haven't had a chance to really ride it yet(been busy with house work all day :( )but I was able to take for a...
  10. IB57

1991 Haro Extreme

I've had this for awhile and I thought I would post some pics because I just don't ever see any of them around. What do you guys think?
  11. IB57

Another 24 inch BMX Cruiser

Anybody have any idea what this might be? Sorry the pictures aren't all that good, I didn't take them and I don't have the bike with at the moment. Thanks for the help.
  12. IB57

Vintage 24 inch BMX

I picked this up last week and I the guy I got it from didn't know much about it and I haven't been able to find clues as to what it is. It has some descent 80's components and Ukia wheel set. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what this frame is. Thanks
  13. IB57

Vanmoof bicycle

I found this online and thought you guys might like it. It has built in solar led lights, pretty cool simple design It's built in the Netherlands and it go's for $600
  14. IB57

1940's Colson

I found this bike this weekend at an antique shop in the basement. I'm not really sure of the model, I don't know much about Colson's but I really like the looptale frame and the grill tank. The paint looks awful but there really isn't any serious rust, just surface rust. I'm not sure if I...
  15. IB57

the Merc

Well I've finished the The Merc and I have also renamed the bike Godspeed. It was alot of work but I had fun doing it and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I started with frame and fork and had bunch of parts left over from other projects that I decided to use on this build. I got an...
  16. IB57

Some of my rides

I've been reorganizing my garage and thought I'd share some of rides. The first one is my Rollfast Tandem. A very ratty western flyer 1963 Dunelt three speed My 1946 or 47 Schwinn DX, all original even the paint 1958 Schwinn hornet Electra Rat Fink, this bike is for sale if anyone is...
  17. IB57

the Merc

This is my first build off and I'm really looking forward to it. I've got this prewar frame, I'm not sure what it is maybe a rollfast or Zep... don't know. Also this Murray Mercury springer, not sure what direction I'm going with it but it should be fun.
  18. IB57

1895 Crescent

I have the opportunity to buy a women's 1895 Crescent Frame,fork,seat and crank that is in pretty good shape(still has the original paint and headbadge) for $100. I don't know much about them and I'm not a hugh women's frame fan but the bike is pretty cool. What do you guys think, anybody know...
  19. IB57

Schwinn Boardtracker

I just finished putting this bike together and brought it down to the billetproof car show in Ocala at Don Garlets for one of my friends to pinstripe for me. I rattle canned the frame, tank, Fork and chainguard. It's a 1957 Schwinn frame, locking springer, handelbars and crank, the wheelset...
  20. IB57

Silver King I just Finished

I just finished putting together this 1937 Silver King with some old parts and some new ones. I'm waiting on a dropstand to complete it. Just thought if anyone would appreciate it, it would be you guys. The photos aren't as good as I'd like them to be because I have to lean it against something...
Back