What is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found this bike locally and I'm not sure what it is.
Kinda looks like a Columbia FT9 but not exactly.

The guy that has it for sale said it from 1932 but I think he's off.
It's been pieced together with some BMX Cruiser parts and had hand brakes added along with a bunch of other odds and ends.

As you can see he wants $300 bucks for it and I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

The paint is in great shape so I don't know if it's a repop or a repaint.

No head badge

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ian

Built from parts. Stem, wheels, cranks, bottom bracket and derailleur all are added parts.

Looks like A Columbia frame and tank. I might pay $100 for the game, tank and fork.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

cman said:
Built from parts. Stem, wheels, cranks, bottom bracket and derailleur all are added parts.

Yeah your right about that.
The wheels are Arayas and the crank is a Sugino Super Maxy.

I'm really wondering what the frame,tank,fork and rack are.

I edited my first post. On my phone, I can not tell those parts.... Wheels and cranks may be worth some money. You may be able to get your money back.

Hard to really assess from that picture, can't really see the BB or headbadge areas, or rear dropouts, kind of important areas of ID for Westfield bikes. Hmm, looks like older bottom shelf Shimano derailleur. They work ok but worth nothing money-wise. I suppose someone could have brazed on canti brake mounts. The seat post a little fat, but that could be a photo anomaly. :| Here's a picture of a '36, similar, but compare the seat post and steering head areas.

P1040311.JPG.w560h421.jpg

http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com

CeeBee said:
From the junk I see in the background, I would expect that $300 price to be pretty negotiable. Wave three $50 bills in his face and see what happens...

Great observation, AGREED :mrgreen:

Is that a Roadmaster Supreme chain guard with the tail missing?

Oh, now I see it is the Roadmaster "Deluxe" chain guard. Cool.

I'd treat it as a vintage looking cruiser with gears. $150 tops and enjoy riding it! Or build what you like out of it.

Back