New Klunker...sort of

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just picked this new Trek Sawyer up today. :D
I've wanted one since the first time I saw it. I really like the lines of the frame.
It's my first 29er and I'm really liking it so far. I haven't had a chance to really ride it yet(been busy with house work all day :( )but I was able to take for a spin around the neighborhood and seems like it's going awesome.
The best part is that I'm a t-shirt designer so I did some design work for a friend that ones a bike shop for even trade!
photo-4-1.jpg

photo-2-1.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

photo-3-1.jpg

photo-5-1.jpg

photo-7-1.jpg

I'm envious, I had my eye on one around a year ago. Had to take retirement so the idea went on hold. I love the lines also, wish they wood add a bit of color. Nice klunker!

Nice, the new ones have a metallic bronze color that a little more lively but not much. Keep trying to score just frame and fork but no luck

socal_jack said:
Nice, the new ones have a metallic bronze color that a little more lively but not much. Keep trying to score just frame and fork but no luck
I saw the new ones online and it looks like the color might be a little more interesting.
I'm with you, I really was interested in the frame and fork but they seem really hard to come by.
I think Trek should offer it as a frame and fork and let you build it however you want.

I think the first year Trek offered the F/F only option but discontinued it soon after. I just want to transfer the rest of an SS build over to it.

IB57 said:
socal_jack said:
I saw the new ones online and it looks like the color might be a little more interesting.
I'm with you, I really was interested in the frame and fork but they seem really hard to come by.
I think Trek should offer it as a frame and fork and let you build it however you want.

Back