1895 Crescent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the opportunity to buy a women's 1895 Crescent Frame,fork,seat and crank that is in pretty good shape(still has the original paint and headbadge)
for $100. I don't know much about them and I'm not a hugh women's frame fan but the bike is pretty cool.
What do you guys think, anybody know anything about these bikes, are they hard to get parts for etc...
Thanks, Ian

If you want to restore it to original, it will be difficult and expensive. The wheels would be wood rim and use single tube tires. I spent $200 for rims and $180 for a set of repro tires several years ago. However, the bike is probably worth it and if you have the resources to restore it then go for it.

just an observation here. if peeps are paying $600+ to put wheels on that old frame, then the frame,crank seat etc (in good condition) is probably worth more the $100. (i'm betting the head badge is worth a few bucks to the right person)

its a freakin 1800's bicycle for $100, what more do ya need to know. :)
besides, here on rrb bicycle restoration isn't job one. find some rims that fit, and ride it like ya found it.

best of luck

At the recent Monson swap i brought down my 1890's Dayton Special mens racer (almost complete). 2 guys chased me down before i could park asking if it was for sale. later on, 3 "dealers" beat me up and tell me it needed a lot of work and they could only offer me $ 150.00 - $ 200.00 (one of these guys wanted $ 200.00 for a set of handlebars). Some more honest individuals mentioned that the wheels alone could be worth double that. I have found it very diffucult to get a solid value on the Dayton, even tried The Cabe and The Wheelmen.

For $ 100.00, i would buy the crecent, seems like a relatively small risk. They aren't making any more antique bikes....

Heres my late 1800's to early 1900's crescent. has metal clad wheels and kelly bars on it all origonal but has been repainted. "for sale" :wink:
100_5360.jpg

100_5361.jpg

100_5357.jpg

Thanks for your feedback everybody. I decided to go for it. The bike overall is really cool but the handle bars and stem are obviously wrong and the seat is super cool but it sucks that something's been chewing on it. I like the bike but I'm not totally sure I'm going to keep it, Anybody interested? Rick?
Thanks, Ian
crescent-1.jpg

crescent-2.jpg

crescent-3.jpg

crescent-4.jpg

crescent-5.jpg

crescent-6.jpg

jon, that bike is shaft drive isn't it? Looks like the shaft runs inside the chainstay.

yes Quanah, its a shaft drive just like a motorcycle shaft drive. the shaft runs through the frame.

if i had the money i'd jump on that cresant in a moment and build it like victoria. i got some bike's i would trade if ya want too. pm me and i'll show ya what i got.

Outlaw

Back