Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. T

Bicycle Show and Swap, Charlotte NC, May 19th 2012

I had a great time at the Charlotte show, Duncan! Thanks for putting it together, you did a great job. I hope we continue to build the vintage/custom bicycle community in Charlotte.
  2. T

Savannah, Georgia

Cool town and cool bikes! I played the Savannah Highland Games two years in a row, and nearly didn't come home both times. I lost all dignity in Paula Dean's restaurant, stopping just short of rubbing that awesome grub all over my face. I hope you do get that stretch chopper back, it...
  3. T

Bicycle Show and Swap, Charlotte NC, May 19th 2012

Wow, I'm totally stoked to have an event this close to home! Duncan, holla if you need a hand. Trip
  4. T

GROCERY GETTER ... ON STAGE

Very cool, and I LOVE Doug's music! He's sponsored by National Resophonic Guitars, isn't he?
  5. T

Best place to go on vacation and take the cruisers?

Down around the south end of the Grand Strand in SC (Pawley's Island, Murrells Inlet) there's a new paved bike trail that looks really nice. It's called the Waccamaw Neck Bikeway. I plan to check it out in December. You'd be right in the middle of some nice vacation areas, close to...
  6. T

any Rat Rodders in Wilmington NC area?

I'm not in the eastern part of the state, but I'm near Charlotte. We should find some place to cruise that's midway between us. I'll be working in the southern end of the Grand Strand (near Pawley's Island, SC) two weekends in December and plan to check out a bikeway they've built down there...
  7. T

any in upstate south carolina or north carolina?

Hey, I'm in MInt Hill, NC, near Charlotte. Don't know of any events in our area, but I'd be happy to meet somewhere and cruise a little. Just finished my first build, had a blast this Spring cruising the greenway trails around Charlotte.
  8. T

Coasters KBC! (SHIRTS ARE IN)

Re: Coasters KBC! We definitely need a club here in the sunny south! I'm just up the road in Mint Hill, NC (near Charlotte). Please keep me in the loop on any events. I'd DEFINITELY buy a shirt, too. My wife would be more than happy to see me with yet another T-shirt with something cool...
  9. T

Riding with a laid-back seatpost

Just finished my first build and went riding yesterday. Man, what a great way to spend an afternoon! The bike and I are well suited to each other: we're both old, heavy, and slow. I've used the stock seatpost. When I extend it about as far as it will go it makes for a fairly comfortable...
  10. T

Hi from NC

HI folks, I've been scouring the ratrodbikes.com site all winter while I did my first build. Finally finished it (I'm no mechanic, it took a while!) and spent over an hour cruising the greenway at a local park yesterday. Fun, fun, fun! Figured I ought to join the forums as the next step in...
Back