any in upstate south carolina or north carolina?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing yet, I'm about halfway between you and the beach. I'd really like to find a venue that could combine a show & a gravity bike race.
Would be willing to work as a volunteer for such an event. If you can find a couple of more nut cases to help perhaps someone can get something started.

I will be in Charleston in late October for a wedding. Probably not much time for bikes, but let me know if there is something I should be sure to see- Bikes or otherwise.

Hey, I'm in MInt Hill, NC, near Charlotte. Don't know of any events in our area, but I'd be happy to meet somewhere and cruise a little. Just finished my first build, had a blast this Spring cruising the greenway trails around Charlotte.

September 17th, Reidsville, NC Vintage and custom show and swap. It's a pretty big show. Mount Airy, NC Vintage and Kustom show and swap second year happens October 23rd. Last year pulled a lot of participants from Charlotte, Gastonia, and even SC and VA as well. Eden, NC show was in April so look for that next year.

Let me know if you need info. I host the Mount Airy show and I know the host and many participants of the others. I'm also working with someone else to host a show in Lincolnton, NC which is pretty close to Charlotte. I'm originally from Huntersville, so I know the Charlotte area.

Hey Mini, I just realized that you're in Greenville, SC. We actually had participants from there in the Mount Airy Bicycle Show last year. I believe it was a married couple that brought vintage Raleighs.

I've heard of that race too. I was in Boone a couple months ago and I noticed quite a few fixies. I guess college fads are pretty much the same everywhere. But I used to see a ton of classic bikes on craigslist for the ashville/boone area

cman said:
I will be in Charleston in late October for a wedding. Probably not much time for bikes, but let me know if there is something I should be sure to see- Bikes or otherwise.
Cman
Charleston has a decent network of bike paths etc. There a 4 or 5 bike shops in the city with a couple of more scattered about the islands around it. And of course if you can squeeze in the time check out the Ravenel Bridge
http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/Insider/Outdoor/Blog/1175

Of course you can also eat yourself into a stupor there as well :oops:

Back