Recent content by friendofthedevil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. friendofthedevil

Bikes on bridges

Sangamon River Bridge near Cantrall. Monark built Western Flyer
  2. friendofthedevil

Firestone Cruiser

I'm not sure what I bought last weekend. My first guess was early '50s Murray built, but there's no 'M' in the S/N. Has a Mussleman 'M' rear hub. Spokes are mushy. Could these be original chrome rims? Came with a set of past-their-prime peaked fenders and a set of way past-their-prime...
  3. friendofthedevil

Western Flyer Buzz Bike Eliminator

your's is not bad. here's mine
  4. friendofthedevil

tandem bicycle unsure of year make or model any ideas?

what's the red and white classic parked behind the pool?
  5. friendofthedevil

Early 40s Shelby Flyer

I was admiring the bike rack as well. Best use of bungee cords i've seen in a while. Were these pictures taken at the Ryman? Nice bike...I've always liked those Shelby chainrings.
  6. friendofthedevil

2 finds. A Firebolt and a Huffman WF I think.

Your WF looks like mine. Let's trade for the Firebolt and you'll have twins!
  7. friendofthedevil

Murray Barn Finds

'...hacksawed thru the frame to rob the chain.' Wonder how they put it on the new bike?
  8. friendofthedevil

western flyer middleweight boardtracker

Here is a look at my first build. Started with a mid-sixties Huffy built Western Flyer. After a little less than a year, this is how it turned out. The seat is temporary until I finish recovering the original Huffy in red. Colors were inspired by the Daytona winning '62 Pontiac of...
  9. friendofthedevil

nonpareil

rustinkerer....good call on the W/C. I found several pictures that confirm this as a Westfield. And the SN would indicate 1936. Thanks for the info.
  10. friendofthedevil

nonpareil

I picked up something a little different this weekend. It's a Nonpareil. Possibly 1938 or older. I think it is a very cool bike. It has some neat features like the adjustment screws (clogged w/ John Deere Green), '7' seat post and truss rods. I really like the skip tooth chainring. The...
Back