tandem bicycle unsure of year make or model any ideas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well I was again doing my usual buffoonery of looking thru ads and checking this crazy place people call the internet out and looking at bicycles and this lil "diamond in the rough" caught my attention.
my wife wants a trike, but I am trying to coerce her into this.
however I have concerns since the guy wants 300 or it.
first off being there is no markings so it has obviously been resprayed which is fine with me I will most likely make it mine anyways.
second is the year it looks like it may be old but i have concerns there is so many "faketiques" out there ( yup new word fake antique lol) that I get confused about what is old and what is not.
also any diea who makes it and what model it may be. for 300 I am extremely skeptical about it. not so much about ti being vintage I seriously doubt it is but the fact it is a tandem and very desirable to me I need another set of eyes to see thru mine and let me know if there is anything im not seeing that would be a major throw off. bearing n mind ii already noticed the repsray and there is a tear on the back seat. there is more pictures I will get in a bit also wanted to mention the guy never said it was antique I just assumed by some of the features it has so not going to throw him under the bus for that just yet lol

Attachments

• 12630832_10206732355485593_872193162_o.jpg
    12630832_10206732355485593_872193162_o.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 250
I don't think I'd pay $300 for it. I usually see decent tandem at swap meets for half that. They may not always have wheels, but that's an easy fix.

Like @wheelhorseman, i come across these from time to time. I may have a spare tandem frame, nothing pretty, but it wouldn't cost much more than the ride.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
This was my first and only tandem. Was I impressed or awed? NO.
IMO they are a novelty and not practical. A lot of other things id rather sit my butt on and ride.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have an old Huffy Daisy and a newer Columbia. The Daisy flexes when you get on it but it's fun and freaky fast with two guys cranking. But my Columbia is well built no flex and stood up to the crazy bucking bronco eccentric rims I built... also if you're building a basic klunker note that early builders sometimes used tandem rims as they had heavier spokes.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

I have an old Huffy Daisy and a newer Columbia. The Daisy flexes when you get on it but it's fun and freaky fast with two guys cranking. But my Columbia is well built no flex and stood up to the crazy bucking bronco eccentric rims I built... also if you're building a basic klunker note that early builders sometimes used tandem rims as they had heavier spokes.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...
I'm gonna have to figure out the eccentric rim thing, one day I'll build an Ingo.

A butted and lugged lightweight 10-speed tandem would be worth it for serious riders. A butt welded steel coaster tandem might be worth 100 tops for parts or a burrito build, IF it has heavy duty wheels in good condition. Usually they just end up as a dust gathering space hog.

Latest posts

Back