Whoever bought Floridafavson Elgin READ@!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch said:
Man talk about getting lucky . the cheap repop fits the bike i just got from thatismytruck. now all i need is a paint scheme and a horn button

westfield1001.jpg

OH!!! She looks great with a tank!!!! Glad it got there ok, and I hope you are happy with it.

I almost spit the mouth full of milk out my nose reading that reply!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :shock:

Hooch said:
tie it on the tail of the armadillo and chase it around a day :)

Hooch said:
just take the frame down to any good auto paint store and they should be able to scan it and match it and make you a couple spray cans
Yeah I tried that on the rollfast I bought and he said you have to have a flat 1 inch square spot to scan. he may have not wanted to mess with it.
thatismytruck said:
OH!!! She looks great with a tank!!!! Glad it got there ok, and I hope you are happy with it.
I love it and i will like it even more if i can match the paint. Oh and Hooch if I could get close enough to my armadillo friend to tie something on his tail I would smash his little head with my shovel. :? :lol:

Yeah I had thought the same thing. The paint guy was kinda a jerk so he might not want to do it anyway. $28 a can was kinda expensive too. It should be easier . you ought to look on ebay and buy whatever can of paint you need to match your bike for about $10 shipped.....hummmm the perfect world. :roll:

The ones here said they only mix a pint and they sell you a spray container with a gas charge thing . they dont have a camera to match the color they use paint chips. he said once you bought the paint, hardner and the spray deal it was about $50

hmmm I figured the aerosols were a nation wide thing as they are Martin Senour cans
I got one in my hand that was custom mixed for a customer
call some of your old hot rod buddies I bet somebody knows a paint man that can do it right and cheap

Yeah for $50 to paint a tank ,I would rip off the patina and repaint the whole thing .....probably not ...just chunk the tank idea.

I bought from bicyclebones a few times, good guy. Crazy fast shipping. I got a Delta light the very next day once. (he is only about 150 miles away) but he has even cut me deals for paying instantly.

Stretch,

Send Hooch the chainguard and have him get you a can of the stuff. Only downside is you gotta get the paint shipped via ground.

Joe

If it gets too carried away I will just forget the tank . I really like the bike plain too. It is a toss up . Right now im trying differant base colors on the 5 differant cans of blue i bought today and maybe i can come up with a match. Its just navy but i havent found it yet. :roll:

Hooch said:
hmmm I figured the aerosols were a nation wide thing as they are Martin Senour cans
I got one in my hand that was custom mixed for a customer
call some of your old hot rod buddies I bet somebody knows a paint man that can do it right and cheap
Well, I spent about ten years working in Napa stores, and the last company I worked for had a dominator computer(magic eye) and made aerosol cans in one of our ten stores. I think all napas have it available to them, but not all napas feel the need to chase the autobody market, so they don't by the equipment. Which they should, since Martin Senor is part of the Sherwin Williams company, and make some of the best products out there... But that's my 2 cents.

Hooch said:
sorry I was trying to help[/quote and you did good Hooch. I may try the place I went to the first time and find out who the boss is and then hollar and jump up and down.
The reason our napa's dont have the same as yalls is because down here in Texas we are a little behind the rest of the country. Heck we just got indoor plummin a few years back....but man it was sweet!!!! and my galvanized jacuzzi with the trolling motor bubbler is first rate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well uncle stretch.....any painter worth his salt could match that for you w/o a scanner......what id suggest is try some of your local body shops and offer a case of beer as payment for their time...chances are they might even shoot it for you on the weekend(if nothing else they could give you the code so you could have it made else where)
good luck!
p.s.
and if your local paint store gives you any b.s. about 'they need at least 1 sq. inch' tell them to grab the book of color chips and you could find one thats pretty close(just bring the frame or something with the colors you need)

Back