Whoever bought Floridafavson Elgin READ@!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Whoever bought the primered gray Elgin frame with the bent seat tube from Floridasfavson there is a guy on the CABE that has your tank for sale for $60 plus ship.. Maybe you can get it for $50 shipped? I can't find the post with whoever bought the frame/ ANy help letting that person know would help them put the tank with there frame.

Joe

PS Looking out for us Elgin hacker uppers, LOL! 8) :lol:

Get him over there! He won't find a better deal on that tank. It is the one that floats past the seat tube. See pics at the CABE.

Joe

Thanks Steve.

I have never dealt with Bicyclebones. Never bought anything either. You be the judge and look at them closely. I was not aware that Columbia built any of those Elgin bicycles. My bike - same frame and curved downtuble does not look look to me like that NOS tank will work on it. It has a different width and it looks shorter. My .02 on it.

I also noticed that CLASSICBIKERIDERS tank is a screw together. Mine is a snap together. Probably different years, but I have to say they don't look interchangeable. :roll:

Joe

Rat Rod said:

that tank only fits from a 39 to a 43 and old roads has them for $25 plus shipping . i think the one i bought was $37 total
the one on the cabe is the real deal and differant that the cheap ones . that is cheap it looks like the one on my prewar elgin i bought from crassly

Stretch,

Which tank only fits what bike? OLDRoads? Got a link to stuff for sale?

Thanks, Joe

Uncle Stretch said:
that tank only fits from a 39 to a 43 and old roads has them for $25 plus shipping . i think the one i bought was $37 total

So it would fit my frame?

DSC_0001.jpg

That Ebay tank is not the same at all as the tank on the CABE. I can't say for sure what year the CABE Elgin tank is, but I can tell you my Elgin has the same tank and it is a Post-war bike. I was told 1945-47. Steve, I do not think that ebay tank will fit on your Elgin either - thats just my opinion from looking at the curves of the tank and your frame. The tail on the tank looks a lot thinner than the opening at the back of your frame area.

WDYT?

Joe

Man talk about getting lucky . the cheap repop fits the bike i just got from thatismytruck. now all i need is a paint scheme and a horn button

westfield1001.jpg

Nope I have turned over a new leaf. This one has too much paint and everything orininal to mess up. Hooch come up with me a picture of what the tank paint should look like to match the original paint ...please.

Hooch said:
that paint scheme is probably for a non equipped bike .... no tank so there might not be a design to match

Yeah the only 42 i saw anywhere had the same paint and no tank. maybe i can design something since i have the tank.

Back