Whoever bought Floridafavson Elgin READ@!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
So it would fit my frame?
To answer your question, yes, that is the tank for your Mercury made Elgin (note the rounded opening for the tank-only bike like that). They made the long tank, a tank with a tool box and a short or regular length tank. They are easy to spot with the peak running down the length of the sides of the tank.
The other repop tank in question fits Columbia (Westfield's flagship brand), Westfields and other odd brands, and some Elgins made by Westfield. And it is the correct tank for the blue Westfield pictured earlier in the thread. That tank is also available through Memory Lane for $25.
DSC_0001.jpg

Yep thats where I got mine and it fits perfect. Guess that will be my game plan from now on....buy a tank and then find a bike to fit it :lol: :lol: :lol:

the funny thing about that design is you have a reproduction tank that was probably made for the 125th anniversary columbia reproduction bikes and if they would have sold well your tank would have ended up painted like that.
http://www.nostalgiamerchants.com/

Joe, Thanks for the Heads up but I think I have spent my budget for a bike. I kinda like it without the tank anyway. There are so many curves and cool joints that I would hate to cover up. I picked up some cool wheels- gray skiptooth, forks, seat, and truss roads for it. Just need to get some tires.
downsized_1214081325b.jpg

Hooch said:
the funny thing about that design is you have a reproduction tank that was probably made for the 125th anniversary columbia reproduction bikes and if they would have sold well your tank would have ended up painted like that.
http://www.nostalgiamerchants.com/

Bet the would have wanted more than $25 painted.
cman said:
Joe, Thanks for the Heads up but I think I have spent my budget for a bike. I kinda like it without the tank anyway. There are some many curves and cool joints that I would hate to cover up. I picked up some cool wheels- gray skiptooth, forks, seat, and truss roads for it. Just need to get some tires.
downsized_1214081325b.jpg

Hey Cman I know where you can get some Kenda Flames cheap he he

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey Cman I know where you can get some Kenda Flames cheap he he
Where???????

Actually I think I am going to find some Ritchey Moby Bites or some Black Quick Bricks. They both have a hotrod feel to them.

Since this one is so complete and original I'm not going to change anything much. Paint this tank to match and maybe a tire change and thats all.

Hooch said:
that guy who sells on atomic mall is the guy who had the columbias reproduced I am pretty sure
he says in his ad he has been in business since 1800 something....must be one decrepid son of a gun. :roll: :roll:

I'm surprised you want to run a whitewall tire with white wheels.

I figured you'd just go with an all set of brick tread tires.

That's what I was thinking too Hooch.

Then after you paint it, chuck it across the driveway a few times to make it match the rest of the bike. :mrgreen:

Back