WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd be willing to pay...

• $100

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • $200

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • $300

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • $400

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • $500

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • More than $500

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
Rat Rod said:
What I have in mind wouldn't be overly expensive, but it could not be done for $100.

You can hardly get a frame and fork powder coated for that price. :lol:

You've already sold 8 @ $200! I say go for it! I also have to say I'm out.

If you planning to build these your self you should first decide if this will be a one time run or if you may plan on doing more down the road. then figure out your total cost, time production cost, raw material then your profit margin. and If people like it they will pay what ever your price point is.

Rat Rod said:
What I have in mind wouldn't be overly expensive, but it could not be done for $100.

You can hardly get a frame and fork powder coated for that price. :lol:

If the Uncle Stretch is building these, that will just be the Twinkie bill. ;)

I think Uncle Stretch is officially off the Twinkies....doctors orders.

Nah, these would come from another source. :wink:

Whatever happens Steve, here are a couple tips. Sell through eBay, auction or buy it now, your choice, but offer it with "free shipping" we all know the shipping is wrapped up in the price, but it would help us feel better about it. Finally, tell everyone that only 30 of these are up for grabs (which is not a lie) but secretly stash 20 of them in your attic. In a few years when they are all built and gone, sold, re-sold, some detroyed, some lost in cyberspace, pull out 10 of them and say "Look what we jsut uncovered! NOS RRB.com cruiser frames!" Repeat process.

Well, considering I spent $400 on my Long Haul Trucker frame and fork (and I expect it to outlive me) I guess I'd be willing to spend that much if it was the most awesome perfect bike frame of all time... would have to be freaking awesome, though.

Like a boardtracker style or chopper frame, but with all the bosses for modern drivetrain equipment... including a split seatstay for belt drive...

That's all a part of my master plan...create total crap and hypnotize you with the limited edition label. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SPEND YOUR MONEY...SPEND YOUR MONEY...SPEND YOUR MONEY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think this is a really cool idea and you could really be onto something here, especially if they came with their own distinctive RRB headbadges, numbered and with papers of auth. Thinking of just bare, ready to paint frames or are they coming in color? Powdercoat? Personally think black chrome would look really cool, maybe add a cool springer afterwards, but thats just me.

Even if they were in the neighborhood of $300 to $400, it's a SMOKING HOT DEAL compared to any other new frameset going for road or mountain bikes today. Saw a roadbike frame for over $5k this year, probably not even half as cool as what Steve has up his sleeve. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Whatever happens Steve, here are a couple tips. Sell through eBay, auction or buy it now, your choice, but offer it with "free shipping" we all know the shipping is wrapped up in the price, but it would help us feel better about it. Finally, tell everyone that only 30 of these are up for grabs (which is not a lie) but secretly stash 20 of them in your attic. In a few years when they are all built and gone, sold, re-sold, some detroyed, some lost in cyberspace, pull out 10 of them and say "Look what we jsut uncovered! NOS RRB.com cruiser frames!" Repeat process.

Sounds just like what Carrol Shelby did.

Do a modern take on a Huffman Twin Flex. (Sorry D.N.). :p :mrgreen:

Back